It’s Time

Last month this blog celebrated its 11th birthday.

That’s a lot of words.

If I’ve learned one thing in all that time, it’s that the people who read these words are gracious, kind, supportive and funny. I am grateful for everyone who came here, whether they commented or not. Thank you.

One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that my illness moves in circles. I cycle through the highs and lows, despair and hope. I give up, then start a new search for anything that can temper the suffering or open my heart. The spiral around and around continues, and I find that I’m repeating myself here more often.

Eleven years ago, I had a lot to say. Words spewed out of me. I told my story. I promised to tell the truth, and I have to the best of my knowledge. The truth today is that I don’t have many words left. At least no new words.

This blog gave me a platform to share my journey as someone with a mental illness. It gave me a place to “publish” the fan fiction I loved to write and the art that helped me stay sane (enough). It gave me a community and a support system I could never imagine. It has been a gift and a joy.

And its time is done.

The domain name has been renewed for another year, so aminddivided will stay open to visitors for another year. After that, I think it fades into the internet afterlife.

Come visit me on Facebook. Or my Etsy shop (see the sidebar). I’ll still be around, doing what I’ve always done, continuing on that never-ending spiral.

In Gratitude,

Sandy

1. MarthaS
    Mar 08, 2022 @ 11:47:29

Oh, Sandy. I hope this release leads to many wondrous things. Letting go of something after that many years is a challenge (did it myself0. See you on FB. XO Martha

2. Catherine Cheng, MD
    Mar 08, 2022 @ 11:56:12

Oooo, what a milestone, Sandy Sue!! 😀 “Congratulations” feels like the most appropriate and yet totally incomplete expression for this occasion… THANK YOU

3. kirizar
    Mar 08, 2022 @ 12:48:06

I will have to binge read 11 years worth of material. Something to help stave off the loneliness of your departure. You have been a model for ‘doing the thing’ when you least feel like doing anything. I hope that art continues to bring you, if not peace, some sort of release into the universe that speaks your truth. Good luck in all you do. I hope you will occasionally stop by a say, “Hi” even as my writing continues in its haphazard fashion.

Mar 09, 2022 @ 11:57:40

I always think of us in February when we both celebrate the same blog birthday and found an outlet in therapeutic writing. I have enjoyed your posts, and been encouraged by you – discovering your humor and grit in your artistic talents. When Covid and travel is more comfortable, perhaps we can meet again in your neck of the woods… or mine, whichever.

I haven’t written in my own blog for a while now. I wonder sometimes if I will feel like writing publicly again. So many undertones in our world/country right now, that have me feeling like the wild things… staying alert, watching, and keeping still. I wish you the best. ❤

Mar 09, 2022 @ 12:02:21

What a joy it was to meet you in person, my friend. And yes, Covid and The World has changed everything. I DO hope I gather up the gumption to come visit you–it was always my intention.

5. Val Boyko
    Mar 09, 2022 @ 18:48:02

Such grace 🙏 Thank you Sandy. May the muse ignite your creativity and you find more ways to express and create 💕🙏💛

6. Bolanle Oni story.🖋️🖋️
    Mar 12, 2022 @ 03:48:53

Wow!!! Congratulations and thank you for been amazing.

7. TamrahJo
    Mar 14, 2022 @ 17:31:37

Will miss seeing you here, but your store already bookmarked in my browser, from long ago. I think the greatest mark of growth is realizing when to let one thing go in order to dive into another – or at least, carve out a ‘space’ to not have a looming ‘to do list’ in the background, of things that no longer feel needed to be done – 😀 The world is shouting on so many fronts – seems hard to think writing once again, what’s been said in umpteen ways, by many before, will make much of any difference – really – at least, I find myself posting way less, in the past few months – I will miss our ‘chats’ in comments, but will look in on ya at FB, to check in on your journey! Much love, hugs and well wishes for your ‘next phase!’ in the Journey!