Ten Years Blogging

Gosh, it seems I’ve been indulging myself on this blog longer than ten years. Maybe life with bipolar disorder is like dog-years. Or maybe the rift in the Space/Time continuum is actually in my head. Must talk to The Doctor about that.

I seriously thought about closing out A Mind Divided. I’ve told my story, shared my process, tried to wait until the Lesson was Learned before posting. It felt like there was nothing new to report, just recycling the same ups and downs. And I was in a long mixed-state episode, which makes me want to quit everything.

But then, I met a new bipolar friend, and I was reminded that our journey is all we really have to share. My posts may be numbingly repetitious to me, but to him (and maybe others) it’s new. Maybe helpful.

Going through a three-week episode and coming out the other side is part of the Long Journey. I know from experience that today is all I have, so I must make the best of it. I have a few moments to make amends and repairs (I’m sorry I yelled and threw pillows at you, Sissy), to pick up pieces that got left behind (reschedule the dentist appointment I forgot), to allow the art that wants to be made.

Mostly, today is for remembering who I am. I am not my illness. I am not alone. I am not the distorted, negative thoughts my illness conjures up. I am alive, and grateful, and surrounded by kindness and support. I am remarkable.

And, so, A Mind Divided continues.

1. Lori Seavey-Christian
    Feb 25, 2021 @ 14:06:59

Keep on! Love to hear what you are up to and it always is interesting!

2. bshoup33
    Feb 25, 2021 @ 20:29:39

You go girl! Keep on keeping on…you DO help others! Thank you!

3. bshoup33
    Feb 25, 2021 @ 20:33:11

You Do make a difference and help people! Thank you! Your artwork is awesome!

4. Kiki
    Feb 25, 2021 @ 21:02:34

Sandy Su, your insight is remarkable and I for one am glad you always came out at the other end, and are willing to keep going. Bravo. You are a brave and precious woman.
    Do get strength and courage, support and joy where you can. We all need to. All also to various degrees of success. We all struggle with obstacles, even though not to the same degree as you do. You are loved, appreciated and I for one miss you, when you are absent! Bless you, strong and precious woman 🌈🙃🤍

5. Kiki
    Feb 25, 2021 @ 21:05:50

Your collage, BTW, is priceless…. and THAT should have been my first sentence! 👏🏻👍🏻✌🏻

6. Leslie
    Feb 26, 2021 @ 04:38:19

I just started back up after a long absence and I was hoping that I would “see” you back here as well. I always enjoy reading what you have to say.
    I have that collage card on my fridge and I look at it every single day. I still love it.

Feb 27, 2021 @ 11:23:59

Hello, Old Friend. I don’t read other blogs anymore or do anything on FaceBook except see the comments others leave for me. It all became another irritant for some reason. I’m finally over the guilt about that.

I don’t post much, but very grateful that you piped up.

7. Writer Lori
    Feb 26, 2021 @ 04:56:42

I echo Kiki’s thoughts, Sandy. I am always happy to see your posts appear in my in-box. I marvel at your spirit…your refusal to yield the field in the face of sometimes daunting circumstances is an inspiration, and your sense of humor a delight. Persist! 💕

Feb 26, 2021 @ 08:08:36

You know, your thoughts in the moment, whether you’re in the middle of crises or on the other side of it, can be helpful to all of us. It doesn’t matter that you have said it before or it feels like the same old thing, it matters to someone out here. Your candid and matter-of-fact way of expressing yourself in both prose and artwork really speaks to me. It always has. You are clear, and to the point about what you observe of life. That’s just priceless to me. Congratulations on ten years of blogging. I celebrated ten years this month too.

9. Catherine Cheng, MD
    Feb 27, 2021 @ 13:58:27

If writing the blog nourishes and lifts you in any way, that is the most important thing. We are grateful to witness, relate, learn, and walk with you on the journey. Sending light your way!

Apr 13, 2021 @ 12:10:22

Thank you, Catherine. I used to REALLY need to share my words and get my story out there, but that sometimes seems done. However, words have been whispering, calling me back. We’re never really done with anything, it just transforms.

10. TamrahJo
    Feb 27, 2021 @ 15:06:16

Happy Bloggaversary! And, ahem, if people were bored or got tired of reading about cycles, well, history of mankind would not exist – :D. For myself, I see cycles repeating, but each one that comes and goes in life (both the positive and the not-so-hot) leave me just a tad different than I was before, therefore, each new day is a new ‘page’ in the story – and I never tire of reading your story…. ❤

Apr 13, 2021 @ 12:08:25

Sooo, much wisdom in what you say. I used to hope that the spiral had an upward/greater consciousness direction, but I’m just glad for making it around one more time.

• TamrahJo
        Apr 13, 2021 @ 12:18:02

Celebrate Any WIN! is my overall motto – :D. Glad you ‘make it around’ each one – to show up in my world over and over again!!! ❤

11. kirizar
    Feb 28, 2021 @ 13:39:54

I am very glad you continue. Even if it is hard. Even if it feels like a giant time loop of Wibbley-Wobbley, Timey-Wimey Stuff. Just know, we are in this time loop together and we’ll be here on the other side when you need a break. Just step off the wheel for a moment and take a breath before getting back on. If it works for hamsters, it should work for us.

(It is highly likely that I have had too much caffeine today. Forgive my blather if it misfires.)