Its a New Dawn

After living in our new home for two months, my sister, my cat and I are getting used to the new rhythm. We survived the holidays (which is the only time I can accurately predict those bipolar meltdowns), and it feels like we are turning a corner. At least I am.

I like to have a PLAN. It’s not that I always follow through, but creating a PLAN gives me comfort and a sense of control over my uncontrollable life. I’ve learned that simple is best and baby steps even better—if I hope to get anywhere at all.

Today’s plan is to take a walk first thing every morning.

I’ve tried to get into a walking routine many times since the arthritis in my knee started shouting. It hurts to walk, and I’m a weenie. But, swimming is part of the Covid-past, so walking and yoga are what I have to work with.

After binge-eating all day yesterday, I’m a bit worried about becoming an obese invalid. Visions of the fire department and a crane dance among the rotting sugar plums in my brain.

Compulsive Overeating is a whole other brain monster, so I will concentrate on walking. Getting out the door and pointing myself in a direction is all I require of the weenie. I can’t be concerned with how far or how fast. I want to make this a routine, which will take time and consistency. I know I can consistently get out the door every morning.

Boom!

A new day dawns. I’m sure you know how I feel.

1. Lori Seavey-Christian
    Dec 28, 2020 @ 11:06:34

Keep moving forward with your strength and courage! You are loved and admired by your arty friends!

2. MarthaS
    Dec 28, 2020 @ 11:17:21

Cool card

Dec 28, 2020 @ 11:34:44

I think it’s good to have a plan, though I feel I’m making progress by letting go of my plans these days, and just flying by the seat of my pants. This is a nice time of year for you to be outside – no heat and miserable humidity to deal with. And the area you live in has a lot of opportunity to see and experience nature on walking and hiking trails. Who knows what kind of treasures you can find out there for artistic inspiration!

Jan 01, 2021 @ 09:03:01

There are plans and there are PLANS. It’s a sign of self-understanding to figure out the difference. Let me know what that looks like. For now, I just need to walk out the door to whatever the neighborhood brings. I met a happy Siberian Husky mix yesterday. That was a gift.

4. Live & Learn
    Dec 29, 2020 @ 03:55:53

Yes. I’m with you on morning walks. There are days (like today) when it’s hard to get out of bed, but after I’m done, each time, I’m glad I did. Keep Moving Sandy.

5. Linda Noel Schierman
    Dec 29, 2020 @ 12:15:31

Oh Sandy ~ such a stunning exquisite card ! AND you wrote a substantial bit about my life there. I get to be damn near forced to Simplify and do Structure, but I like the more simple word/instruction of Plan. Car stopped, am letting it just sit there for many days, maybe weeks(have good mechanics) resting from spending any money at all. Love you and so good to see you here again. I’ll come around more often…

6. kirizar
    Dec 29, 2020 @ 20:16:36

It’s hard to feel completely down while listening to Michael Buble. After eating a whole column of gingerbread today, I’m totally feeling the pudgy after glow of sugar consumption. Also, looked at my credit card expenses and decided I need to lay off the binge shopping as well. Let’s both take a walk toward more responsible decisions in 2021. (Setting aside the binge watching of my new Netflix subscription, of course. I need some vices to get me through Covid-19.)

7. Catherine Cheng, MD
    Dec 30, 2020 @ 00:43:43

Wishing you all good things, and peace most of all, Sandy Sue!! 🙏🏼❤️🌟

8. Writer Lori
    Dec 30, 2020 @ 14:52:29

You go girl! A plan is a good thing. And you’ve seen what those morning walks have done for our pal David Kanigan. He’s showering us with all sorts of beautiful images. 🙂 Who knows what you’ll find?! Wishing you a happy, healthy, positive New Year! xoxo

9. Kiki
    Jan 08, 2021 @ 06:30:33

Oh, I never saw this one – I’m sorry. On the other hand, WP just sent me a post on Greta Thunberg which made it on to my bloggers post days/weeks before G didn’t get the Nobel Peace Prize. Some days this makes me mad (talking about WP now), others I let it go. Another blogger I followed and hadn’t heard of for a loooong time, had to be retrieved too and I had to newly sub…. Aaah, the laws of technology!
    Anyway, although I shouldn’t give you advice I don’t follow myself, I’m sure walks do you a lot of good, so you should keep taking them. I had a wander-about last week and fell and sort of lislodged my kneecap a bit, resulting in a very painful and brightly multicoloured right leg and NO WALKS still now, 10 days later.
    And have a happy, healthy, safe and alround better New Year, my friend!

Jan 11, 2021 @ 12:41:32

Damn those uneven sidewalks! Hope you’re on the mend now.

• Kiki
        Jan 12, 2021 @ 09:00:43

two weeks on, I can now step up and down w/o screaming…. the colour scheme has changed to an angry black/brown/violet and the burst venes are crawling over my poor legs like many-legged spiders. All is well! 😉

10. Kiki
    Jan 13, 2021 @ 10:51:27

Forgot to tell you just how much I like Michael Bublé – he also didn’t always have the easiest life and look what he made of it! IF you make it, you get out of ‘there’ so much stronger.