One Giant Leap

As I tried to think outside my bipolar management box this summer, I kept coming back to the increased isolation caused by COVID-19. So, I asked my sister if it would be possible to live together.

Not only was she agreeable, but completely willing to sell her house so we could find a place that fit us. In just a couple of weeks, we found the right house with a lovely garden situated in a quiet neighborhood. She takes possession tomorrow and we will be moved in by the end of the month.

I know this will make a huge difference in my mental health. Just to hear someone else puttering around. And I believe my sister when she says it will be good for her too.

So, here’s to stepping outside the box!

1. Catherine Cheng
    Oct 14, 2020 @ 13:04:27

OMG OMG OMG I’m so sooooooo happy for you!!!! Best BEST wishes to you both, for everything good amid all this yuck!!! YAAAAAAYY!!!

2. MarthaS
    Oct 14, 2020 @ 13:20:36

Love you two! Holler if you could use assistance or a moving day meal from our kitchen. Martha and Jon 😊

Oct 14, 2020 @ 13:37:10

Thanks so much, my friends. Sherry is moving on Tuesday and I’m moving the following Monday. At least my furniture and heavy stuff is. I get until mid-November to S-L-O-W-L-Y transfer all my stuff one carload at a time.

3. TamrahJo
    Oct 14, 2020 @ 15:40:41

Wonderful News to Hear!!! I’m so ever grateful the skyrocketing renter costs in the summer of 2019 and the loss of a roommate, led my son to move home to ‘save up to go forth later.” – Having him here has been such a blessing during these past trying months on many fronts – Best Wishes for you all on moving day and ‘housewarming’ blessing sent your way!

4. Sally B
    Oct 14, 2020 @ 17:16:59

First time ever commenting on your blog after months of reading/lurking. I am THRILLED that you are doing this. How wonderful for you both! I have found living alone to be so hard right now. ((((HUGS))))

5. Writer Lori
    Oct 15, 2020 @ 04:57:50

Oh Sandy, this is the BEST news I have heard in quite some time!! So very happy for you both. There truly is nothing better than the quiet companionship of a loved one. Those smiles say it all. CONGRATULATIONS!

6. Kiki
    Oct 16, 2020 @ 01:01:47

Sandy, that’s the best news ever…. Congratulations to both of you. Well done.. May you be a comfort to each other in the future and may you both live happily in the enforced isolation but knowing that you are not alone. I was worried about you but I’m glad to hear those news now. Bless you….
    Sending a virtual high-five and a hug at great distance!

7. Val Boyko
    Oct 16, 2020 @ 12:23:39

Love those smiles! I’m so happy for you both. Good luck 💕

Oct 19, 2020 @ 04:42:25

Aw, that’s GREAT!!! I’m so happy for both of you!!

9. Luci
    Oct 19, 2020 @ 09:20:06

What a beautiful resolution, so glad you landed on this and how everything is falling into place so nicely. Take care and congratulations!