Something New

After some fussing and fuming, the first Teeny Penny Positive Boxed Set sits in my Etsy shop.

I don’t know why this makes me nervous.  Maybe because I love these itty bitty things (1 ½ inches by 2 inches) and have spent lots of time on them.   But that doesn’t make sense.  I spend lots of time on all my work.  Maybe it’s more like sending your kid off to kindergarten.

Maybe it’s because my sister commented that my art has gotten smaller and more complicated over the years, which, she is sure, indicates a kind of pinched pathology. An interesting theory. Still, I love doing tiny things well, so that’s what I’ll keep doing.  Whatever makes the soul sing, right?

I have three more sets in various stages of completion.  That ought to keep the music flowing for a while.

(PS. This sold almost as soon as I hit “Post.”  So Holy Crap, folks!)

1. Catherine Cheng, MD
    Oct 14, 2019 @ 09:20:20

LOVE them, Sandy Sue!! I have admired your Penny Positives for so long now, and these are PERFECT to include with holiday greetings to friends who will also appreciate them!! Thank you for putting your work and yourself out in the world–we are all better for it!! 😀

2. Val Boyko
    Oct 14, 2019 @ 19:36:13

Holy crap. They are brilliant 💕

3. TamrahJo
    Oct 14, 2019 @ 19:39:11

Await further offerings in this style of boxed set – :). Alas, what might be viewed as ‘pinched’ from one perspective, I rather took it upon myself to label, “World renowned Miniaturist in the Making” – so there ya go – 😀

I so admire your talent for putting things together – even more for doing it in ever smaller sizes — :D. Congrats on the near insta – sale – that should be enough to let ya know you’re onto something while you explore ideas and increase your skills set – :).

4. Scott Wyatt
    Oct 14, 2019 @ 22:58:42

My little sister, the artiste.

5. Writer Lori
    Oct 15, 2019 @ 04:59:19

Damn, Catherine beat me to the punch! Please let me know when the next box ‘goes live’ on Etsy, Sandy…I want it! And I love Catherine’s idea of including with holiday cards. You go girl!! 😘😘

6. TamrahJo
    Oct 16, 2019 @ 12:28:42

5 – 50 in a set, makes no nevermind to moi – :). But sure it does play into container and shipping costs/efficient biz model – and, one must wait for quality and true value things…. 🙂

7. Robert@69
    Oct 22, 2019 @ 23:29:17

occurs to me that pinches create new and interesting shapes and patterns – least they did when i was hanging in gardens playing with small pieces of nature’s puzzle