Bits of Art for Each Month

I’m enjoying making collage cards for each month of the year.  As is my modus operandi, lots of research, organizing and gleaning was involved, discovering plants, animals, colors and specifics for each month, then throwing them in a bulging three-ring binder.  I’ve discovered that when I’m organized, the actual Arting becomes seamless and automatic.  I love that.

Even with all the prep work, making the actual collage takes most of a day since I use double-sided tape instead of glues or mediums to adhere the images and bits.  It’s kinder to thin magazine paper and creates a cleaner image, so cramped hands from all the snipping is worth it to me.

I loved July’s colors—Coral, Red and Green. And though the background paper gets almost completely covered, I know there are layers of vintage almanac pages, pretty party napkins, chiffon, tulle and stenciled paint.

I’m finishing up August now, and moving on to September and October.  The background papers for November and December lay on my kitchen counter, ready for their next layer.

I’m grateful my mind comes up with these projects as a way to keep itself distracted when the Black Days come.  I’m always stunned by the results and thrilled when someone else loves them, too.

They are a product of my brain saving itself.  How miraculous is that?

The Adventure Continues.

1. Moss Piglet
    Jul 22, 2019 @ 11:17:39

Clever clever Girl x

2. Kiki
    Jul 22, 2019 @ 12:05:59

What incredibly wonderful collages you create, Sandy. I especially also love the words on both ‘cards’ – and I love that you put so much care, time, love and creativity in every one of your pieces.
    But what I love best is that sentence to end all sentences: These projects are saving my brain from itself. YES, this is truly wonderous and miraculous. Bravo! And a big hug from over the pond…

3. Kerri
    Jul 22, 2019 @ 12:20:30

Its pretty damn miraculous. I love your art, and your blog.💕

4. Writer Lori
    Jul 23, 2019 @ 04:20:02

These are lovely, Sandy. I particularly love the July passage, despite the fact that I’m an August baby. ☺️ The multifaceted nature of your artwork delights me.

5. candicesacco
    Jul 23, 2019 @ 14:45:27

I’m really happy for you that you’ve found something to occupy your mind, that’s also making other people happy! From the one collage I’ve seen, it seems like you know what you’re doing and are extremely good at it. It’s also inspirational, for those of us that also need something to occupy our mind. Thank you, for sharing your artwork with us, good luck to you!!

6. Jim Borden
    Jul 30, 2019 @ 09:33:03

these are wonderful works of art that also provide a wellness benefit; a win-win.