Penny Positive #63

From An Optimist’s Calendar

I didn’t go to Taos today like I’ve been planning for months.  I missed my plane and figuring out the next steps was suddenly more than I could manage.  Instead, I retrieved my suitcase and came home.  Relieved.  Exhausted.  Aware, now, of how fragile and diminished my capacity has become recently.  Which is okay.

I took care of myself by coming home.  I will continue to do so.

It’s all Okay.

1. jinjerstanton
    Feb 25, 2018 @ 20:37:53

I’m glad you’re taking care of yourself.

2. Moss Piglet
    Feb 25, 2018 @ 21:04:22

Home is where the heart is…and the pussiecats x

3. Writer Lori
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 03:43:28

If you missed the plane, there was some reason you weren’t supposed to go, Sandy. So glad you took care of yourself.,..

Feb 26, 2018 @ 09:11:05

Yes, my first thought was, “it’s a sign” and it was probably a trip not meant to be. I do not question these things. I’m glad you took charge and walked away from being overwhelmed.

Feb 26, 2018 @ 10:15:28

I’m sorry – it must have been stressful, but the upshot is that you figured out what was best for you and embraced that instead of the “coulda, shoulda, woulda”s.

6. Erin Austad
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 14:58:20

Oh Sandy. Weirdly, I am sitting in a hotel room where I am not supposed to be, because I missed a flight myself. Traveling is stressful enough even when everything goes right. I keep going over all the stupid things that happened – was it my fault or someone else’s, what if this or that had gone differently, making myself crazy. I don’t have any answers about signs or destiny, but I’ll tell you one thing: Hearing that I’m not the only one this happens to is touchingly comforting, and I feel you, sister. I hope we are both where we belong, at least for now, and as we both gather our lemons and make our respective lemonade, I clink glasses with you – to missed flights, and soft landings! Cheers!

7. Kana Smith
    Feb 26, 2018 @ 19:41:52

Things happen for a reason… Including THIS, I’m thinking!

8. Kitt O'Malley
    Mar 04, 2018 @ 00:10:52

Beautiful. Like how you are gentle with yourself. In our household, plans are guidelines which we often change as our needs require. Take care.