Arting Away The Megrims

I’m frozen. Anticipation paralysis. A mixed-state too fast-moving to be displaced by my usual trickery.

I have the Moving Out Cleaning Checklist from my landlord, but all I can do is read it. Over and over. I know I must pull together supplies to take to the art workshop in Taos, but I watch Season 3 of “Poldark” instead.

Still. I have my journal.

This morning my sister texted that she showed this spread to her Merry Widows group last night. Two of the members are professional artists. They said I must join the Artists’ Guild as soon as I get to Muskogee.

Somewhere, off in the distance, I hear ice cracking.

1. jinjerstanton
    Feb 14, 2018 @ 11:48:10

I get paralyzed by what needs to get done too. I have faith that you’ll triumph.

2. kirizar
    Feb 14, 2018 @ 20:09:14

I love that last line. It implies so much but tells so little. I hope this journey brings you excitement and peace in amounts you desire and respite from the chaos that ensues with all transitions.

3. Fish Eye Farm
    Feb 15, 2018 @ 06:50:48

I love these pieces ~ unfragmented ~ hmmm….

4. Kitt O'Malley
    Feb 15, 2018 @ 13:13:12

Mixed states are horrible. The stress of moving triggers mixed states. If you don’t complete the move-out cleaning list, what’s the worst that will happen? You won’t get all of your deposit back. Can you ask someone for help with the move out? Perhaps your church community?

Your artwork is definitely very high quality. I love it. Enjoy Taos and join the art community once you’ve moved. Wishing you the best. Holding you in my heart and in my prayers for a smooth(ish) transition, knowing that bumps are inevitable in life.

Feb 16, 2018 @ 09:07:07

Once you git down here you’ll be just like the rest of us hillbillies! No one notices the unfinished or imperfections. Being scattered is a way of life. Today is my 28th year in Oklahoma – a transplant from Nebraska. I was horribly stressed, uptight and always mortified about something when I first got here. The transformation has been wonderful and freeing. There is just something liberating about being more kicked back. I’m really excited about your arrival, and how great is it that there is an Artist’s Guild right there in Muskogee? Good things are in the works my friend. Really good things.

Feb 16, 2018 @ 14:54:16

I expect my Northern prejudices will get on the way sometimes. I intend to WATCH that.

• Littlesundog
        Feb 16, 2018 @ 18:48:03

I understand that too. I had some patient and kind folks here (I’m smack dab in Native American territory) who helped me understand a lot of issues I had no idea about. You’ll be in an entirely different area, one I’m not all that familiar with, but you can do this. They still call me “Yankee” down here but it’s meant in a loving and friendly manner.

Feb 18, 2018 @ 06:23:06

I’m so glad you’re there.