7 Years and Counting

For A Mind Divided’s seventh birthday, I thought I’d look up my very first post.  Hmm…somehow this seems so familiar…

Insanity, Creativity and Living in the Now

When I was first diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I thought my life had ended.  And in a very real sense, it did.  Parts of my life fell off like flesh off a zombie–my home, my job, my friends, my ability to support myself, my ability to live independently.  In the months and years that followed, the lessons of living in the NOW and letting go of attachments kept repeating.  Living with bipolar disorder (BP) was like living in a constant fire.  It burned away everything I thought I knew about myself and how the world works.  But with fire comes new growth that could never happen otherwise.  I’m finding that to be true in my life as well.

While I always considered myself a writer, I also became an artist because of BP.  I needed a way to express the chaos I felt and the wild shifts from despair to joy and back again.  My study of the world’s religions deepened.  I explored the science and metaphysics of the brain.  I also fell in love with “Criminal Minds” and “Fringe.”

I invite you to journey with me into the overlapping realms of mental illness, creativity and spirituality.  There will be fire and ice, but also miracles.

Of that I’m certain.

1. Ray V.
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 12:39:00

Congratulations 🎉. Keep doing it as long as it is fun for you.

2. leegschrift
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 12:52:32

And so it will be.

Feb 06, 2018 @ 10:22:11

Happy blogaversary! I’m happy I bumped into you in the blogosphere.

4. David Kanigan
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 03:48:49

Love the close. You are a miracle Sandy…

5. Kitt O'Malley
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 12:01:36

Happy Blogiversary. Still going strong. Blessed to have joined you on your journey.

6. Linda Noel Schierman
    Feb 08, 2018 @ 16:49:43

I like seeing your First Post ! It sounds just like you. I sort of see it (from high above) as a wee Being down there standing on Earth, quietly announcing the beginning of a new dimension of your Journey ~~ going public! [How I wanted to do a typo with public…. 😉 ]. The Blog stretching out into a light shimmering but powerfully dense balloon beginning out of your head/mouth/hands gathering the ribbons of clouds, the sweet jagged trees and grass, the diamonds dancing on the water’s waves, the zip-zip and Zaps of your Lightening Thoughts, themselves pulsating with creating stunningness out of the Stuff of You, SandySue ~~~ and ……. 😉 Yup, that’s how I experience your Art – collages, writings, revealings. xoxoxo

7. kirizar
    Feb 09, 2018 @ 08:02:10

Congratulations on making seven years. Are you beginning to feel the proverbial ‘itch’ being wedded to a blog for that long?