Reset

It’s Week 2 of the latest Bronchitis Bout.  Like bipolar disorder, there’s really nothing new about getting month-long lung crud.  It happens.

Sorta amazing, really, this blasé acceptance of whatever the day brings.  I’m not always this cool, but it’s such a gift when I can be.  Seems to me I was raging right up to the point of chills and fever.

A physical shock often resets my bipolar rheostats.  Two weeks ago, I was text-wailing at my friend Lily, taking offense wherever I could find it, and wrestling paranoid thoughts to the mat.  Today, I did laundry and cleaned up cat barf with nary an emotion in sight.

Except a little glee.  I started a goofy spread in my art journal based on something I cut out of an old magazine years ago: “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.”  I worked on this one little piece while my laundry tumbled, and it just made me happy.

Sorta amazing, really.

1. David Kanigan
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 04:54:32

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Love that. Hope the reset places you in good health.

2. petrujviljoen
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 08:21:35

Lovely.

3. donnaanddiablo
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 09:07:00

I’m with DK; that line is priceless!

4. Elaine GREEN
    Mar 16, 2017 @ 20:46:16

You are amazing.. wouldn’t have considered the possibility of adding Mucus to my soup… (: brilliant! …and hilarious. (: me

Mar 17, 2017 @ 08:03:58

This card was one of those amazing synchronisity events. I spotted the picture at an antique shop, passed on it, then went home and found the caption in a magazine. I had to go back to the shop the next day for the picture, because I knew they would be hilarious together. I make these cards for me–to entertain myself and make me laugh. It’s always a pleasant shock when someone else laughs, too.

Mar 17, 2017 @ 08:59:08

I remember you saying you found some wonderful artwork material in antique stores, that day we spent together. I love the “synchronisity” of mind and the things we collect. Your artwork (cards) are outstanding to me! I do that in a similar way with decor in the house and what I find “out there” in nature.

Mar 17, 2017 @ 09:35:26

Love that piece – your weird is epic.

7. Val Boyko
    Mar 18, 2017 @ 16:00:10

Bummer. Hope you are feeling better today Sandy!
    Love the post 💛