Fury Road

I woke up this morning feeling like—as my friend, Lily, so delicately puts it—dog shit on the bottom of God’s shoe.  Also, furious.  But I pulled on my swimsuit, intending to take it out in the water.  Except I was 90 minutes early.

Fury boiled.

I raced to the nearest salon.  “Can someone cut my hair right now?”

“Yes!” the hapless pixie piped.  “And today all haircuts are $10!”

“Great.  Shave it all off.  I can’t stand it another second.  I’m tired of trying to look like something.”

She did.

And I left feeling like my outside finally matched my inside.  Furious.  And the closest I’ll ever come to looking like Charlize Theron.

Furious helps.  Furious brings the Bad-Ass, which is now in full display.

I roared off to misbehave and brought home two bags full of art supplies. Now we’ll see what fury can really do.

ψ

1. donnaanddiablo
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 15:49:11

You make Fury look wicked stylish, Sandy. Just sayin’…

2. Val Boyko
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 15:51:21

I don’t want to burst your balloon Sandy … but it does look cute!

3. Elaine GREEN
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 16:24:28

You look simply beautiful!!! (: and you look ‘satisfied’… (: congratulations.. I love you.. me

4. Penny
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 16:30:36

I love the look on you!

Mar 07, 2017 @ 19:49:04

I love your hair! I have thought of going even shorter with mine lately… you might just be the inspiration I need!! I love your eyeglass frames too.

6. Trackback: Excerpt from Sandy Sue | NANMYKEL.COM
  7. Alice
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 04:08:36

Aren’t rage haircuts THE BEST??!

Mar 08, 2017 @ 10:08:30

Looks bad-ass AND cute.

9. Linda Noel Schierman
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 11:23:12

Been working this idea over…for several recent years…and THAT is how I’ve hoped it would look, including the petting experience. This summer? you go badass grrr girl!

10. Lynda
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 15:22:30

Dear Sandy,

Lori told me about this post after I just confessed to her this morning that I had shaved my head. Different circumstances, but same result. I am glad to know that I am not the only impulsive woman in history to do this. HA! Did it myself with my husband’s sheers. Yours looks much nicer; more professionally coifed. When my head finishes healing I will see about letting a professional even mine up a bit. 😉

Lynda