Ready to Fly – Almost

em-taos-bagTomorrow I take off for a three-day art workshop in Taos.  I met the artist, Orly Avineri, at ArtFest last year and fell in love with her spiritual ways.  We’re going to do strange and wonderful things to old passports.

I’m ready for a change of pace, change of scenery, change of mind.  I can’t wait to get in my rental car in Albuquerque and hit new roads in a beautiful part of the country.  I can’t wait to see what an AirBNB private suite will provide Taos-style.  I can’t wait to be with artful folk.  Inspiration wafts in the air like bread rising in the oven.

Asleep in the Sun16My friend, Sue, will reprise her role as Cat Whisperer.  Now that Henry is in his dotage, I need her gentle cat ways to keep from worrying about his finicky bowels and time away from him when there’s not that much time left.  Emmett, as always, will be fine under the bed linens where he feels safest.

img_1318I’m grateful to have had several days in a row of fine mental weather—I’ve gotten so much done.  Like work on my book.

Once I’m done sorting the first draft I can see what it is.  Is there a heart?  Is there a through-line?  I’m absolutely great with not knowing.  It will come.  It always does.

img_1314So, in a calm and clear state of mind, I’m taking precautions as I haven’t flown since my assignation with Richard Armitage in London three years ago.  I’m chewing a couple of Airborne with my morning Shakeology immunity-booster smoothies.  Religiously.

But the cootie-infested air on a plane laughs at such feeble measures.  I am healthy and well will be my whistling-past-the-graveyard mantra as I squirt hand sanitizer in a pentagram around my seat.

Whatever.  It will be worth any bug or virus.

Adventures always are.

1. Cat
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 13:49:30

Hey Sandy!! Have a great time and CREATE!

2. Elaine GREEN
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 14:34:41

Have a wonderful trip, dearheart…. am sure it will yield lots of memories… past , present and those awaiting in the near future…

I am up in Prior Lake with Biscuit… and Frankie ( my feral cat) and 5 minutes from the kids’ house… . Both of our homes are right on the the lake… or a stone’s throw, in my case. Cold, but pretty today, and Biscuit is my ‘security guard’… she checks the perimeters several times a day. (:

all is good and well and supportive, here… sending love and joy to you and for you laney

________________________________

3. donnaanddiablo
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 15:40:42

“…as I squirt hand sanitizer in a pentagram around my seat.” Sandy, you crack me up!! Safe travels and have fun!!

4. Val Boyko
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 15:49:04

Sounds like you are ready to go spend time with your tribe Sandy Sue. Have a great time 💛

5. Kana Smith
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 17:18:35

“Adventures always are!” Brava! You GO, girl! 🙂

6. Karen Roessler
    Feb 02, 2017 @ 06:24:25

You are in my thoughts.

May we know that it is the journey that is important. May we find our own truths and the divine within ourselves and in doing so help our fellow travelers to find their own. May we see each other through spirit and not through worldly eyes. Namaste

7. Roessler, Karen
    Feb 02, 2017 @ 06:25:50

You are in my thoughts.

Feb 02, 2017 @ 08:21:29

What an important trip… and I love what Karen commented. That is exactly what happened on my recent trip to Nebraska. It was a most amazing trip… and like you, I had apprehension at the start. It was those “fellow travelers” that brought everything full circle.
    I had no idea (maybe I missed it somewhere) about Henry’s fragile state. What a blessing to have Sue there to assist at such a delicate time.

Feb 03, 2017 @ 19:39:28

He’s just old & old folks have persnickety bowels. He keeps losing a little more weight each time we go to the vet–also a geriatric thing. Other than that, he’s healthy. I just know we don’t have many more years together. I can hardly bare it.

• Littlesundog
        Feb 03, 2017 @ 21:23:13

Bear has gotten to be skin and bones. Each week I am in awe that he continues to hang on. It is hard for me to lose these sweet babies. I still miss Zoe. I am so glad you have someone who you can count on and feel comfortable leaving Henry and Emmet with. They’re in good hands… loving hands. 🙂

Feb 03, 2017 @ 16:37:28

Anchors aweigh!

10. Catherine Cheng, MD
    Feb 06, 2017 @ 19:54:08

Hi Sandy Sue! I’m behind on my reading… Hope the trip is a BLAST so far!! Fun and communion vibes to you!