So Very Odd

100 Blessings

It just feels odd to be so creative and crazy at the same time. And yet… And yet, this is exactly who I am.  Somehow, I’ve come home to myself through the backdoor.  And it’s all okay.  More than okay, I’m at peace with the pain.  I can breathe through the hopelessness.  I find comfort during the hysteria.  I am living in a place of sufficiency even while the brain demons scream that I’m not.  And sorta loving that all this contradiction and friction seems to be making art.

My Blue Eyes

The Journey Continues

1. Laney
    May 29, 2016 @ 10:13:12

‘Your evolution’ is staggering…. breathtaking … spectacular in it’s creation. …and you, embracing all of it, are the rarest of souls..a Powerhouse of unconditional Love……

2. donnaanddiablo
    May 29, 2016 @ 10:38:01

“Somehow, I’ve come home to myself through the backdoor.” Fabulous.

3. Dee Silbaugh
    May 29, 2016 @ 12:50:20

You are indeed a fascinating person. Every aspect of you is you and that is what makes you fascinating. If it aint broke don’t fix it..

4. Anita S
    May 29, 2016 @ 22:47:26

I love these! What do you call this kind of art? Did you make them from old books? I’m going to look around your site and see what I can find!

May 30, 2016 @ 08:11:49

It’s called art journaling. I made this journal years ago from watercolor paper and book board, but I’m preparing an old spiral-bound sketch book to use next by painting the pages with gesso.
      The art itself is anything that you love—images, color, words. I love collage and junk.
      You might try visiting Teesha Moore’s website to learn more.

5. kirizar
    Jun 03, 2016 @ 08:37:47

On your list of Blessings, what does number 118 mean? (8T)

6. Nancy of Practically Wise
    Jun 04, 2016 @ 09:29:35

Would you give up your art to be quote-unquote normal? That’s a personal and rather presumptuous question on my part, I realize. But I do like where your creativity takes you.

Jun 04, 2016 @ 13:51:32

People have been asking bipolar creatives that question as far back as Lord Byron. My honest answer is “I don’t know.” Would I need my creativity if I didn’t have a mental illness?

7. Nancy of Practically Wise
    Jun 04, 2016 @ 09:30:18

PS. I’ve nominated your blog for the One Lovely Blog Award, should you be so inclined to accept. https://practicallywise.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/fellow-lovelies/

8. Val Boyko
    Jun 23, 2016 @ 10:05:39

Great awareness AND creativity Sandy!!