It’s Alive!

I feel a little like Peter Boyle’s monster at the end there.  “Who the hell is the idiot screaming?”  But, the idiot would also be me (less some of Gene Wilder’s hair), bellowing the news to the world.  I admit to ambivalence in making such a bold announcement after being sick for three months. It makes me want to touch wood, spit over my shoulder, or at least wear a hat when I go outside.

Also, I seem to be suffering from a weird kind of amnesia, like not being able to remember what I was talking about after someone interrupts me.  The thought was insightful, choice, but damn if it isn’t gone.  So I just stand and gawp, waiting for the brilliance to return. What was I doing three months ago?  No clue.

Maybe it’s not even relevant anymore.  That’s what I tell myself instead of panicking. Let’s just start by unlocking these steel straps, I tell my mad scientist, and we’ll see what happens next.

So, this week I went back to my water aerobics class, because I remember I used to like the water, and I blew the dust off my journal, and I started to plan.  Because, you know, I gotta have a plan.

Which reminds me that I got a Squatty Potty sometime during the haze of pneumonia.  But that’s a different post.  And, no, that’s not me demonstrating the healthful benefits.  I don’t wear white (But click on the link to the Squatty Potty commercial.  You won’t be sorry).HappySquatter-SquattyEccoStool

Anyway… what was I saying?

A Plan.  Right.

All I’ve been able to do so far is babble in my journal.  What’s important to me now?   What needs my attention?  What’s happening?  Where am I?

Getting my strength back and building my immune system came up a lot.  So did paying attention to how winter seems to be sapping Vyvanse’s effectiveness. And maybe I should see if I have any money in the bank.  So much more to consider now than whether I can sit at my table and sort beads for a half hour.

And speaking of those beads… I sure had fun making zodiac cards for the friend who sent me the Bead Box—so much so that I made some for myself.

Capricorn Odor

So, maybe Fun should be part of The Plan, too.  I’ll put it in the hopper (no Squatty Potty humor intended).

Jan 06, 2016 @ 10:59:45

You had me hooked with Squatty Potty. I don’t really want to know any more about it, but it’s fun to say.

Congratulations on your rebirth – welcome to the land of the living!

2. LindaNoel
    Jan 06, 2016 @ 11:57:52

“odor of goat”.. Great card. Particularly since astrology now indeed does have a place right next to other Beliefs Without Evidence that are made by man imposing, overlaying his own patterns on the real world around him and calling it Spiritual Knowledge…. Just love your It’s Alive! Welcome back to the not-dying…

3. Leslie
    Jan 06, 2016 @ 15:16:08

Oh. My. God. The Squatty Potty is fantastic! So I must share with you this commercial for Pouporri, a real product, and one that works quite well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaQ1CdISw8o

4. BipolarOnFire
    Jan 06, 2016 @ 17:57:19

When oh when am I going to invent something brilliant like the Squatty Potty??? I think I have it in me, but it never seems to come out!! Ha, that sounds like something that the Squatty Potty solves . . .

Jan 06, 2016 @ 21:53:10

I can hardly wait for the Squatty Potty post. My father-in-law boasts the ease of “elimination” since he got his. I am not sure I needed to know that. Ha ha. I’m glad you are feeling better and trying to figure out some kind of plan. A plan is always good, even if you don’t always stick to it! 🙂

6. sandracharrondotcom
    Jan 09, 2016 @ 23:41:03

I envy anyone who can write in a journal even if it’s babbling. I stare at the pretty cover (usually pink) and can never think of anything to say. And as for blanking out, well phew! I’m not the only one!