And Also

Solstice2015-1

I love making my annual Winter Solstice cards—no matter what else happens to be going on.

1. Val Boyko
    Nov 10, 2015 @ 19:31:35

I have the same seasonal issues with asthma, mucus and cold like symptoms…. Ugh! I am trying a new approach with warm soups and tea instead of cold drinks and keeping my head elevated at night. So far its working!!
    What do you do with the cards?…

Nov 10, 2015 @ 22:00:29

They are my “Christmas cards.” A little bit of me, a little art, a lot of gratitude and love sent out into the ethers.

Nov 10, 2015 @ 22:26:01

Though Oriental Medicine is really complicated, and I only know a teeny bit, lung congestion is usually treated with “warm” and “moist” foods and beverages (temperature, but also their “qualities”). Lung health is also tied to Liver health. Oh, goodness. I’ve forgotten more than I thought. It’s a very different perspective, though, and I found it fascinating.

• Val Boyko
        Nov 11, 2015 @ 06:54:18

It is fascinating… And seems to be working for me. Hot milk (lactose free) with my cereal, tea with honey, ginger, soups and a shawl around my shoulders are comforting and seem to help!

2. Leslie
    Nov 11, 2015 @ 06:20:10

i hope you are feeling better!!

Nov 11, 2015 @ 08:32:47

Ha! Love your “landscape.” I’ve been busy in my craft room lately, although I’m not sure what I’ll do with the results. I’m really into glitter now.

4. Nancy of Practically Wise
    Nov 15, 2015 @ 22:17:58

Hi Sandy Sue, I’m here by way of Healing Through Connection. Your cards look great and so many of them. If I make 5 of one design I consider it a huge achievement! I hope healing winds are headed your way soon.

Nov 16, 2015 @ 05:16:27

Thanks so much for visiting, Nancy. Normally, I only do one card at a time,too, but the Winter Solstice card-fest is a tradition I started when I had no money for gifts. It has become a way to focus my gratitude—a meditation that lasts over several weeks. As the days grow shorter and shorter, it also helps me keep from worrying about the inevitable depression winter brings. So many good things came out of this time of creation.

And the picture just shows the back-side. I don’t want to spoil the surprise. 🙂

• Nancy of Practically Wise
        Nov 16, 2015 @ 16:59:43

A way to focus gratitude…I like that. Handmade cards have a way of slowing things down. On Thanksgiving weekend we (my daughter and I, and she invites friends periodically) set up our holiday card workshop, taking over the dining room table til right up to Christmas Eve. For me, the blahs come in January…maybe I need a new tradition just for then. Funny that’s the back of the cards…hope we’ll get to see the fronts after you’ve sent them!

Nov 16, 2015 @ 18:56:15

Yes, I understand January (and February, for me). One year I made little postcards (same size as a greeting card, just no fold) in February for the people who were blessing in my life. That helped. Here’s the link.

• Nancy of Practically Wise
        Nov 17, 2015 @ 22:43:49

Cardmaking, music, good writing, strong metaphors…and the courage to reveal vulnerability. Wow. Thanks for sharing the link. I am glad to have found your site.

Nov 19, 2015 @ 10:22:04

Thanks so much for choosing to follow along.