Pretend Boyfriends

Richard BondIt’s Richard Armitage’s birthday.

This is the guy who inspired me to go to London by myself last year.

From the London production of “The Crucible.” I about swallowed my tongue when THIS happened.

He’s 44 today, so, yeah, I’d be a cougar if there was a sow’s ear’s chance in a deep-fat fryer for THAT to ever happen.  At least I’m not old enough to be his mother.  I take great comfort in that small mercy.

Pretend boyfriend

Someone else’s rendering of my “relationship” with Richard. Note the Cougar dress.

He’s currently acting the creepy shit out of the role of Francis Dolarhyde, aka The Tooth Fairy, in NBC’s Hannibal (Saturdays, 10/9c).

Tooth Fairy

I wonder if his Mum baked him a cake today?  Wait.  No Mum-talk.  That’s even creepier than Hannibal.

There’s Mum when “The Hobbit” cast met Wills. Definitely older than me.

Aren’t pretend boyfriends great?  I don’t have to know if he leaves his stinky socks laying around, or nag him to take out the trash, or get pissy when he gets all—you know—actorly.  I just get to enjoy his craft.  And his face.  And that voice.

So, Cheers, Richard—my make-believe darling.  It may be pretend, this little affair of ours, but damn, it’s good.

drinking

1. Servetus
    Aug 22, 2015 @ 15:10:25

Happy Armitage Day!

Aug 22, 2015 @ 15:34:39

That was just what I needed this afternoon!! Something to mull over in my head while I spend a few hours on the mower! 🙂

3. the secret keeper
    Aug 22, 2015 @ 18:11:55

I love your romantic interlude with Richard. It is a great idea. Presently, and maybe for a while I have chosen someone, not ready to reveal, to be the love interest in the two novels I am working on. One I already wrote the entire novel but want to rewrite, and the second is a sequel I wrote as the preliminarie of a screenplay. The imaginary but real in reality, is my inner focus. If you have an imaginary love affair on paper or in your mind, how fantastic is that experience. Inspirational. You have once again inspired and motivated me to action. YEAH! for us both. jk 😉 ps. Such Fun! Such Fun!

Aug 22, 2015 @ 22:51:34

Oh, I hope you share your stories. I love good fan-fic.

• the secret keeper
        Aug 23, 2015 @ 20:15:13

I use the image of the actors I choose to better visualize my characters. The one I am crushing on, takes over the persona of her character. It helps I am a fan, it makes the emotions and inspiration go deeper. 🙂

Found out I know Richard Armitage from his work. I love watching Hannibal but I have also seen him in The Hobbit and he marries the Vicar of Dibley at the close of the series. He was gorgeous in VofD. Your have great taste choosing RA. 🙂

Aug 24, 2015 @ 12:25:23

That’s exactly how I use the actors in my fan-fic, too. I know I’m making them up, but trying to find bits of truth (whether from their work or interviews) informs the fictional version of them I create. And, it’s just darn fun.

I loved Vicar of Dibley. Richard said once that his character in those shows was most like his real self. And that makes me very happy.

• the secret keeper
        Aug 24, 2015 @ 17:06:22

He was the perfect gentleman in Dibley. If you are into men, he is a dream catch. 😎

I began work last night casting my novel. Some surprises, I think fit. Gives one a focal point. Inspiration where you can find it. That’s what I say. 😀

Aug 24, 2015 @ 19:04:26

Amen, sister.

4. bernecho
    Aug 22, 2015 @ 21:04:38

Ioan Gruffudd, from Forever is mine and for voices I am in love with John O’Donahue

5. Leslie
    Aug 23, 2015 @ 03:14:56

Oh what a beautiful voice!

6. Val Boyko
    Aug 23, 2015 @ 06:48:36

Damn good indeed!!

7. Dee Silbaugh
    Aug 23, 2015 @ 07:45:23

You are so funny. But really everyone should have a pretend boyfriend.

Aug 25, 2015 @ 10:05:24

You have good taste – hubba hubba!

Aug 25, 2015 @ 17:57:44

And I’m a late-comer to the Richard fan-wagon. His Armitage Army has been going strong in Europe for years. Still, it’s nice to know I’ve got a little class.