When There’s Nothing For It

Ah, Genetics

♦

There are days like today when there is nothing for it.  The darkness is real and thick.  The thoughts are alien and weird.  Nothing helps.  Nothing hurts.  It is a day for soft music and sleep.

1. Cathy Campbell Currier
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 11:29:44

And knowing that friends love you……

2. cabrogal
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 11:34:10

Wow, you US based bipolar folk seemed to be dropping like flies in a pissoir lately.
    Is it the weather or something in the water?

Nothing helps. Nothing hurts.

Dissociation?
    I find it strangely liberating. In a ‘confirmation-of-terminal-illness’ kind of way.

3. LindaNoel
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 12:25:40

…wish my thoughts were alien and weird. That would be new…. Beautiful expression in this card — and I don’t mean just the woman’s expression. xoxo

4. Michelle at The Green Study
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 13:23:46

My darkness is only a mild gray today, but you’re right, there’s nothing for it. Just trying to write – maybe my characters will be having a more colorful day. Take care.

Feb 20, 2015 @ 13:45:32

Rest easy, my dear.

6. David Kanigan
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 02:38:18

Yes. And light will follow.

Feb 21, 2015 @ 08:54:24

Oh I do wish you could come to visit here. There is so much in the woodlands to take my attention from these glum winter days. Just this morning I watched a fox try to nab a little breakfast by focusing on a gopher mound. What a display of listening and then the pounce and digging! (he missed – you would have liked that!) And then just minutes later a huge skunk came to the water tub. I wonder if it was a she, and she was pregnant? Then the squirrels came for their morning nuts and seeds. And later you and I would work a little in the woods, gathering timber and tossing it on the fire. Fire is soothing and warm… and delightful to watch. And if all of that was too much to think about, we could always ride the buggy towards the river and just sit and watch for deer and other wildlife. I wish so much you were here… nature has been such a healing force for me.

Feb 21, 2015 @ 12:16:07

I miss the woods. I miss my friend, Steve, who taught me about the woods. Today I can’t even imagine the trip, or the walk, or the work. Someday, though.

• Littlesundog
        Feb 22, 2015 @ 11:43:35

I know Sandy… I’ll keep thinking of a way for this to happen. I know it can be overwhelming to think of a trip… we will manage it sometime. I would love to hear what Steve taught you… one can never get too much information about the woodlands. Get some lovely rest, my friend. 🙂

Feb 22, 2015 @ 12:50:51

You’re right. It will happen.