Huh. Okay.

Musical SawA few weeks ago, as I papered this space with handiwork from my little studio, I got an odd request from a self-proclaimed fan named Heba at PlusGuidance.com.  She liked my collaged cards, and my blog, and asked me to write a piece for them about using art as therapy.  Not sure about what I was being asked to do, I explored PlusGuidance a little bit.

It’s a hip sort of site with lots of moving parts and graphics.  But the most interesting part is that folks can get online counseling or guidance.  There’s a section for articles and news about mental health issues.  Another section is more of a clubhouse for members to hang out and chat.

I thought, “Cool!” and sent them a piece called The Art of Distraction.

Thanks, Heba, and all the cool, hip folks at PlusGuidance for asking me to be a part of the club.

Feb 18, 2015 @ 21:02:03

Very nicely written piece Sandy. I loved your, “Whee” card! 🙂

2. cabrogal
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 21:03:59

Or I can look through my grandmother’s old photo albums to find the next batch of pictures to use.

That woman in Whee! is your grandmother?!!!

3. blahpolar
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 21:59:23

Great title, great article – I hope it generates a ton of sales for you 🙂

4. Kitty
    Feb 19, 2015 @ 08:24:04

I read your article on Plus Guidance last night and it was WAY cool. You go, Girl!

Flashback – My mother used to sketch women like this all the time when I was little. She entered those contests that said, “If you can draw this, you can…” I don’t know, win a prize or make a million dollars as an artist. Unfortunately, my mother never pursued any dreams like that.

The good news for me this morning is that when I saw Lady #5356 (above) and it made me think of my Mom… It made me smile. That’s a really nice shift for me.

Feb 19, 2015 @ 11:13:26

How great to get a wider audience for your wonderful words and fabulous art!

6. Heba
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 11:47:14

Hey Sandy

Lovely to read your thoughts on us. You are far from invisible, everybody in the office loved your piece and all your artwork. The Plus1s loved the injection of creativity and it’s inspired me to share some of my photography on the blog too, also spurred on by a mental illness. I for one will be buying a card or two come payday.

Thanks so much for writing for us, hopefully we’ll get to work together again soon 🙂