Signs

Seems to be a MysticThe UU service in Des Moines this morning sounded interesting—a teen talking about trans-gender issues.  I’d missed the last couple of Sundays, so my intent last night was to shake off the bipolar ennui enough to get there today.  I was a little late, so grabbed a frappuccino out of the cooler at the gas station instead of standing in line at Starbucks.  But it was snowing, and slushy, and the roads hadn’t been cleared well.  On the road, I debated whether to keep going or turn back and watch the rest of Season One of Hannibal instead (I’m preparing for next season when Richard Armitage joins the cast—yaay!).

As I pondered, I shook my frappuccino.  The lid flew off, and sugared coffee doused me, my windshield, and everything else with me (purse, dash, floor).  Dumbstruck, then laughing, I grabbed at Kleenex and mopped my face.

“Okay, okay, I’ll turn around!”

After scrubbing out the car (sticky, but what a yummy smell!), washing my coat, purse, book bag in the tub, and sticking my head under the faucet to get the coffee-sugar out of my hair, I watched the snow plows rumble by.  That’s okay.  Sometimes I do have to get hit over the head to get the message.  Or, at least, splashed in the face.

Are you ready, Dr. Lecter?

spilled coffee

Jan 25, 2015 @ 11:52:30

This experience goes along with “signs” I’ve been getting all morning about something I’ve debated doing for a few months now. Your “splash in the face” is another sign to me that I must do what is being shown me. Wow… the “sign” had to come all of the way from Iowa this time!! Ha ha! I love that you are my friend, Sandy… so very grateful!

Jan 25, 2015 @ 12:47:45

Good way to interpret the signs.

3. Sherry
    Jan 25, 2015 @ 14:29:36

Is that Granny and Pa? I’m glad the flying coffee didn’t cause you to go in the ditch. We have been tossing around leaving a day early for Texas since there could be a wintery mix arriving here Saturday and today we decided to go ahead and leave early. Just got all our reservations changed. So we are being prudent also. Must run in the family. Sorry you had to miss church.

4. David Kanigan
    Jan 25, 2015 @ 16:59:49

Wow. I’ve been THERE.

5. Ocean Bream
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 07:08:08

Now that is certainly a sign and a half!

6. the secret keeper
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 13:49:20

I think I will take your idea and binge watch the first season of Hannibal before the second season arrives. Not for awhile yet but one should be prepared. That must have been a shock when the lid flew off. You are braver then me. I would have lost it. But there is a laugh in it. To Hannibal…