Pulling the Plug

I am What I amAfter my session with Luke Skywalker yesterday morning, I decided it was time to call it quits on my stint as a Peer Support Specialist.  I’m quite proud of myself for hanging in as long as I did, and for staying relatively stable through the stress and uncertainty.  I learned a lot about what I need and what I will tolerate.  But, I have bronchitis now, and that means being sick for at least a month.  I was waiting for something to tip the balance on whether to stay or go, and this is it.

The part of me that thinks in black and white wants to consider this a failure, but I’m not having any of that.  I may be returning to a less stressful life, but I’m not the same person I was when this whole job journey started.  I’m more flexible and resilient than I was.  I bring all that back with me.  And, who knows?  There still might be a job out there for me.  But, first, there’s bed and Kleenex.

1. Michelle at The Green Study
    Sep 10, 2014 @ 05:44:01

Sorry to hear you are sick, but what a year of adventure you’ve had! You took on a job, you went on an overseas trip, you saved a life. There’s a lot to savor and be proud of there.

Sep 10, 2014 @ 11:49:29

I’m sorry this had to happen, but trust that you know what is best for you. Sending you cyber chicken soup.

3. Servetus
    Sep 10, 2014 @ 16:35:19

It is how it is …

4. totsymae1011
    Sep 14, 2014 @ 10:17:17

Ohh, I talked with my aunt yesterday, who’s also dealing with bronchitis. Tried cheering her up but couldn’t overdo it with making her laugh too hard. Take it easy.

5. Kitt O'Malley
    Sep 14, 2014 @ 15:00:55

Taking care of yourself, of your own health, is the most important thing you can do. Our physical health affects our mental health. I wish you well. You are in my prayers for health and healing.

Sep 17, 2014 @ 21:32:20

I’m sending the usual positive energy your way… I think you need to move south – we don’t have bronchitis in these here parts! 🙂 I’m sending love your way too, sweet friend!