14 Days of Valentines—Plenty

Several folks I’ve talked to the last couple of days have wanted to see the vile and offensive card I took off my Etsy site.  After I showed it to my therapist yesterday, I’m not as scared to share it as I was, but it still makes me nervous.  I’m willing if you guys are.

Okay.

Deep Breath.

Bam.

homemade greeting cards, collage art, Valentine

Feb 05, 2014 @ 08:29:17

Well, I suppose someone who had survived a certain kind of sexual abuse might be triggered by this. But “vile”–I don’t think so. I know lots of men who have younger partners, which was, I assume, your point. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs from Ecuador,

2. Duane
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 09:48:28

Love it!

3. Penny
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 10:27:38

hehehe… makes ME giggle.

Feb 05, 2014 @ 10:38:32

It’s all about individual perception, and freedom of expression. Anything can be offensive if we choose for it to be.

• LindaNoel
      Feb 08, 2014 @ 19:47:32

Your comment, Littlesundog, is succinct and comprehensive. And that really IS what it is all about. !

5. Servetus
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 11:04:53

Edgy, maybe, but vile?

6. radiatingblossom
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 11:07:33

Is this the one? The vile and offensive one? I kind of don’t get why someone would be upset…???

7. LindaNoel
    Feb 08, 2014 @ 19:44:28

I find it useful to superimpose Race over Homosexual Situations, in this case Male&Male, because of the value of seeing that the Same Reactions of Hate&Disgust were Once Felt about Black&White wanting to be together, other than as Master/Slave. You create Expressions about, by and for the breadth and depth of Human Relationships — so beautifully, creatively, hilariously, poetically, subtly and, some times, In Your Face. Yea SandySue~! This is what Artists DO which allows the possibility of Human Beings opening our eyes/minds/hearts to new ways of Seeing Humanity/the World. Put that card back up and let the Reactionary person squirm…perhaps into a new awareness someday. P.S. I find I’m doing an Emily Dickinson Capitalization thing in my writing. 🙂

8. LindaNoel
    Feb 08, 2014 @ 19:57:28

OH! AND “plenty of man/boy to go around: could very well be a female heterosexual’s observation/comment as well ! It could be MY comment! Perception and expression. 🙂

9. Jinjer Stanton
    Feb 11, 2014 @ 13:35:31

i’m having trouble seeing the offense. I agree with the comment about your unique way of pulling things together to communicate. I may not always be able to follow where you lead, but I am challenged. Is challenge an offense? Don’t think so.