Reprieve

handmade greeting cards, collage artI’m enjoying a few days of normal.  This is so rare, I haven’t wanted to stop long enough to document it.  I’m too busy cleaning my Mom’s house; attending my post-hospital support group; sighing in the dark while I watch Man of Steel, walking in the soft summer breeze; not eating; and listening to new music finds like The Head and the Heart and Freelance Whales.  I’ve also made a few new cards.  So, I’ll leave you with those until I come back.

The Head and the Heart on Letterman

Jun 20, 2013 @ 09:26:25

Go with the flow – it’s all good! Thanks for the musical interlude. Interesting instruments and venue on the Whales.

2. Michelle at The Green Study
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:13:05

I just did one of those annoying award posts, but listed you among the nominees. I think you’re great! http://thegreenstudy.com/2013/06/20/the-awards-show-part-5/

Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:33:31

I love Americana and Folk music…. so beautiful and meaningful. I’m glad you’re feeling industrious! I love the message in this card. It really struck a chord this morning.

4. Carol Welsh
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:45:35

Glad you’re having some good days, Sandy Sue…and love the music!

5. Kitty
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 13:22:31

YAY! for you!

Hugs & Kisses

Jun 20, 2013 @ 17:24:39

Oh, Sandy, I had no idea that you’d been in the hospital. Sorry to hear that. But then again, I’ve been so away from the blogosphere, that I don’t know what’s been going on with anyone. Sorry about that. Trying to get settled here in Ecuador, trying to get back to writing. Thank God, though, that you’ve had few good days!
    Hugs,

Jun 20, 2013 @ 17:35:17

There’s no way you can catch up with everyone. You’ll just have to start where you are (that sounds vaguely Dr. Seuss-y). I’m glad to see you back online and starting to tell us your travel tales.

7. marieastra8
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 18:34:49

So what did you think about Man of Steel? Pretty boy or action hero? 🙂 Glad you’re feeling better!

8. ManicMuses
    Jun 23, 2013 @ 08:04:20

I’m so glad to know you’re feeling better! Run with it! Enjoy it!

[BTW, saw Man of Steel last night. Thought of you at one point. Mr Cavill, looking all unshaven and unkempt (read: yummy) says to Lois as he bends over her abdominal wound, promising to fix it, “I can do things other people can’t.” Oh, I thought, I bet you can!! (Hmmm…Sandy would probably totally appreciate that remark LOL)]

Keep watching those flicks. They make me feel so much better, too.

Jun 23, 2013 @ 16:12:18

HeeHee! I love you SO much, Vivien!
      Yummy is right. I want to write a post about my on-going affair with Superman—maybe tomorrow.
      Once again, a British actor has turned my knees to jelly. My entire Bucket List is “Spend time in the UK.” I won’t be able to walk, but who cares?