Probiotics, Stinky Poop and Mental Health

Dr. Greger does it again!

1. Penny
    May 31, 2013 @ 19:18:40

I laughed all the way throught this… even though he was dead serious. What a topic! The idea of “fecal transplants” raised my eyebrows… Well. I won’t worry about any of this since I regularly take my gummy bear probiotics.

2. Jonathan Caswell
    May 31, 2013 @ 20:15:16

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    YESSIR!!!!

3. Penny
    May 31, 2013 @ 20:46:40

yes… as a matter of fact, I do get them at Costco…

4. bostonlovessanibel
    May 31, 2013 @ 21:36:54

Hi Sandy – My first time visiting as I popped over from “If You’re Going Through Hell’s blog.” This was an interesting post. I have had depression for over 18 years, and have always had random stomach problems my whole life – I guess I better get to Costco and get some of the gummy probiotics. Nice blog.

Jun 01, 2013 @ 05:20:37

Oh, welcome! I think the whole Brain-Gut connection is fascinating. Y’all come back now, y’hear? (Oo, I’m channeling “Petticoat Junction.” That can’t be good.)

5. TamrahJo
    May 31, 2013 @ 23:10:36

Interesting – several years ago, I read an article that postulated that our evolution from herbavore to omnivore accelerated our brain development – based on the theory that the cells in the intestine and brain were the same – as we became less vegetarian, we no longer needed as long digestive tracts and those unneeded cells went towards brain development – whether true or not, I remembered it while watching this – maybe more to it than I thought… 😀

6. ManicMuses