Begin Where You Are

handmade greeting card, collage artThese are good words to hold in my head today.  Begin.  Instead of panicking that I must pull my life together all at once.  Instead of ending where I am.  In apathy.  In exhaustion.  Begin.  Begin here, in my gym clothes, ready to move.  Begin here, with the garbage bagged and the litter boxes cleaned.  Begin here, with the bed made.

What is it that glimmers?  What rustling of life starts to waken?  What small effort is enough?

I breathe deep into my belly.  That’s a beginning.

1. Michelle at The Green Study
    May 26, 2013 @ 07:03:03

Dishes. That’s always where my “beginning” point is – when everything else is overwhelming, if I can just do the dishes, I am able to start creeping forward again. Begin Where You Are is a perfect mantra.

May 26, 2013 @ 18:45:22

Oh, I like that. Doing the dishes is soothing for me–the hot, soapy water, looking out the window over the sink. I remember to breathe there.

2. David Kanigan
    May 26, 2013 @ 07:51:16

Yes! Right here. Right now

3. docrob50
    May 26, 2013 @ 22:00:39

just remembering is a return and a beginning – be gentle with your self SandySue

4. Hope Happens
    May 26, 2013 @ 23:17:57

Beautiful post … though now I am feeling a tad guilty about my unmade bed. 😉 Even still, more important things were tended to today, and I am thankful.

Monica

5. Jonathan Caswell
    May 27, 2013 @ 22:20:47

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    GOOD PLACE TO BEGIN.

May 28, 2013 @ 09:01:52

Those ARE good words to hold in one’s head. Good reminder for all of us, Sandy.

May 28, 2013 @ 10:19:56

It’s the little things that move us in the right direction. I started the day at 2:30, unable to sleep any longer. In a bit of a snit, I got up wondering what kind of a day this was going to be?! When I let the dogs out, I noticed Daisy deer bedded down in the south pasture. I let the dogs back in and sauntered out to sit with Daisy in the grass. I groomed her – picking ticks, scratching, and petting her. For nearly an hour I sat with her under the moonlight. Sometimes it’s the simple tasks, the simple things of life that let us “breathe” and stay steady.