Perhaps

Tiger“Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”

~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Reblogged from Flowers, Trees and Other Such Gifts of Nature

May 08, 2013 @ 08:35:55

Sometimes you speak RIGHT TO ME!!! These words changed a little “attitude” I had this morning. Thank you, my intuitive friend!

2. ManicMuses
    May 08, 2013 @ 09:18:39

You just helped me deal with a massive anxiety attack. Thank you, Sandy.

May 08, 2013 @ 17:21:44

Thought provoking. Perhaps all the toads are really princes who just need a kiss to transform them. Or perhaps the dragons ARE dragons and the toads ARE toads and we should be extra cautious around them.

May 09, 2013 @ 15:39:36

For me, it’s that thing about being truly centered in yourself so that the fire-breathers and the warty can do no harm. But that’s just the first step.

4. Snoring Dog Studio
    May 09, 2013 @ 07:57:39

Gorgeous. Love these words.

5. Eggton
    May 09, 2013 @ 15:02:58

I love this quote. I first read Rilke when I read Letters To A Young Poet. I read it in a hotel room in Florida by myself. I was really depressed at the time, and when I read it I sobbed harder than I’ve ever cried before. It remains–strangely, given that it wasn’t exactly a joyous situation–one of the more beautiful, connected experiences of my life. Aaaaaanyhoooo, I love reading your blog even though I don’t comment much. xo

6. LindaNoel
    May 11, 2013 @ 22:47:43

I posted this stunning card on my fb page… hope it is alright. Gave credit… Just wanted to share it so much. ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

7. Jonathan Caswell
    May 15, 2013 @ 20:41:15

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    IS THERE A TIGER IN YOUR LIFE WAITING FOR YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING?