Things Falling Apart

handmade greeting card, collage art“Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing. We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.” ~ Pema Chodron

Reblogged from Flowers, Trees and Other Such Gifts of Nature

1. GP
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 03:18:33

Reblogged this on misentopop.

2. Snoring Dog Studio
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 08:54:43

I appreciated this post so much. I have experienced a lot of things falling apart and being put back together again this year. Sometimes I don’t think I can handle one more falling apart moment, but I do. Then I learn something from it. I suppose that’s the lesson in this cycle of life.

3. Michelle at The Green Study
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 09:14:13

Pema Chodron and Firefly quotes in one week? You’re awesome!

4. TamrahJo
    Apr 28, 2013 @ 10:15:05

What a coincidence – I had what felt like a meltdown on Thursday, only to find that by Friday (and some hours of introspection) it was in fact, a grand breakthrough …

Somewhere, long ago, I read a phrase regarding growth and change in living systems from a scientific point of view – it said that as a system reaches the highest it can in it’s current form, there is always a period of chaos preceding the breakthrough to the next level of growth or expansion – –

I try, but sometimes hard to remember on the chaotic days.

Apr 28, 2013 @ 18:56:31

And it’s hard to distinguish the breakthrough chaos from the OhGod!OhGod! chaos.

• TamrahJo
        Apr 28, 2013 @ 20:14:12

True so True – I’ve started using the game of, “Okay, today is a wash, will just try again tomorrow” and somehow, just the mental “whatever’ gives me the space to really see the day for what it is, which means I have the peace of mind to make up a much better story about the day – – –

But sometimes, I still go to sleep with, “Yup – a $%#%&! up day – hope tomorrow is better…” LOL

Apr 28, 2013 @ 11:27:55

Simple and true words. I’m happy to see a post from you today, my dear friend.

6. Karen Roessler
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 06:42:38

May each falling apart make you stronger and the load a bit lighter. You are in my thoughts today.

Apr 29, 2013 @ 12:19:01

“the truth is that things don’t really get solved.” I don’t know if that idea is liberating, or depressing. I guess it just IS.

Hope you’re doing OK?

8. LindaNoel
    May 01, 2013 @ 13:04:12

“…a phrase regarding growth and change in living systems from a scientific point of view – it said that as a system reaches the highest it can in it’s current form, there is always a period of chaos preceding the breakthrough to the next level of growth or expansion” – – it helps me so much to again be aware that, although there are people around me w/o BP who do accomplish consistently in the long haul and I have NEVER been able to do that, I am an expression of the dynamic “[marked by usually continuous and productive activity or change” – Webster Dictionary] nature of Life on all levels. It just doesn’t always feel/seem “productive” in the Western sense of the word.
    Another Important post of yours that is very meaningful and helpful to me. PLUS you introduced me to Pema Chodron !