A Disturbance in the Force

handmade greeting cards, collage artI’m in that freaky phase of rapid cycling where all the laws of physics and biology flip.  Coffee puts me to sleep.  Water gives me gas.  I get pissed off by menu typefaces.  Loud, rude strangers are hilarious.

It’s hard to find a way to comfort myself when the map is suddenly in Elvish (though I would like to learn that).  At least I know enough to abandon all attempts at normal—whatever that is.  I tried my water class yesterday, and froze to death, so I’m skipping it today.  Which could be a gateway behavior to chucking the whole routine.  Must watch that.  Journaling still holds some mass in this gravity well, so I’ll do some of that today.  My therapist asked if there was anything that could distract me from this weirdness.  Movies.  Movies always work.  Even if the Space/Time Continuum ruptured so badly that Walter Bishop couldn’t fix it, movies would still be my go-to balm.

So, after I take a shower (if water still falls earthward), I’ll camp out at the theater and wait for the Universe to regain its sanity. Or mine.  Whichever comes first.

Jan 16, 2013 @ 08:12:17

I’ve been hanging out in a strange place too lately… and it has little to do with Daisy deer taking off. More than anything, it is feeling excluded – but then I don’t want to be what society dictates either. I’d like to find a distraction of some sort. It’s too cold outside to venture into the woods with my camera. I wish I could join you for a movie. I’d even indulge in some of that horrible butter-laden popcorn!

Jan 17, 2013 @ 06:56:42

I understand that dichotomy of feeling excluded but not wanting to do what’s necessary to be included. For me it’s feeling lonely, but not wanting the mess of people. Once I see that I’m making a choice, that pain eases a little for me.
      And, hey! I’m a “medium popcorn, *no* butter” girl!

2. Evolution of X
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 08:26:00

Will you see The Hobbit?!

Jan 17, 2013 @ 06:53:01

The Hobbit was my second, clandestine movie of the day. I dug a pair of 3D glasses out of the recycle bin and snuck in, only missing about the first 20 minutes. This would be the 4th time I’ve seen it. Definitely a comfort.

• Evolution of X
        Jan 17, 2013 @ 07:00:16

Fourth time! Coolness. I haven’t seen it yet. I have trouble with theaters and will probably have to wait for the DVD. My boys saw it at an IMAX in Atlanta with their cousin during Christmas break. They loved it.

3. ManicMuses
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 09:35:31

What did you see?

Jan 17, 2013 @ 06:50:32

“Django,” which is absolutely not my kind of movie. But, like I said, the laws of physics are f*cked right now, so I laughed all the way through it.

4. Anita S
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:18:59

Go you! And go Walter. Hope the weirdness passes soon!