Strange, New Worlds

Spock, Princess Leia

Thanks to my marketing guru, Robert, I’ve started a Pinterest board.  Since I’m not a social networking-kinda gal, I’m not quite sure what the hub-bub is.  But, Kana has talked about her board, which is amazing, so I took the plunge.

I had a bad day yesterday, bipolar-wise, and putting this site together was a healthy distraction.  Not that I didn’t eat crap, too, or hide in my apartment, but it could have been worse.

It seems like Pinterest is where you can go to dream and throw up those dreams for the Universe to see.  Sort of like affirmations or a Vision Board.  I like that.  The internet certainly gives a person tons more images to choose from than magazines, though I like the process of cutting out the words and pictures and laying them out.

But I’m hip to try this new way of dreaming.

Gosh, someday I may even take another crack at Facebook!

1. littlesundog
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 11:21:47

I have had 3 stabs at Facebook. It’s just not for me. I’m too sensitive about remarks and easily hurt by callousness and rude remarks. I’m embarrassed that I even gave it 3 shots. The first time should have been enough to tell me it was simply another way of adding noise, chaos and drama to my life. I’ve worked hard to dissect myself from that. I may not be as “clued in” on the happenings in everyone else’s lives, but to be honest, I don’t need to know all of that. Pinterest is fun, but for me, too disorganized, too big, and way too time consuming.

Of course I’m not sure just everyone would care to spend all day with 3 hairy beast dogs, a marauding deer, a silly group of chickens, and spend most of the day outdoors, come rain or shine. I respect that social networking works for others and can cause them to flourish though. If it’s good, do it!

Nov 21, 2012 @ 11:37:49

I hear you, sister. Those are all my reasons, too. I don’t know that I’ll ever surf Pinterest much, but I am having fun creating these Wish Lists–or whatever.

2. Moss Piglet
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:35:48

You can always ‘LURK’ in Facebook and OBSERVE…you can subscribe to my Crapulous Ramblings & Postings there and no one will bother you…come spy on me! I just adore my daily prayer postings by the Benedictine Nuns…all thanks to Digitalnun, and when she goes off to an IT Convention they have to revert to Monastic Silence…Oh come see what fun we have on Facebook!
    Just recently I seem to have attracted the most amazing posts with amazing photographs…

Nov 22, 2012 @ 07:41:30

I’m afraid I’m already spending too much time at the computer as it is. I recently read where sitting is enormously hazardous to one’s health, so I may have to design computer station where I can stand all day!

3. Moss Piglet
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:40:04

…I am in a state of angst this evening as UK Government decrees I am Fit For Work, and to work I can jolly well get a WHEELCHAIR and go press buttons for a living, regardless of my Pain Management & Bipolar issues…if I tried to sit in a wheelchair I would vomit with the pain, but so decrees the Government…I have a fight on my weary hands…

Nov 22, 2012 @ 07:39:24

Here in the States the first application for disability status is always denied. Always. Which makes no sense to me, except that it discourages people from trying again. I hired a lawyer who specialized in disability cases, and the next application was accepted. Not that we did anything differently, that I could tell. Just that a lawyer was on the scene. I don’t know if the UK works the same way, but ask around. You might need a solicitor.

• Moss Piglet
        Nov 25, 2012 @ 12:21:21

Here in UK they hired ATOS…a French company who has made such an un-Godly meal out of disability medical assessments MANY HAVE DIED before they were correctly given ‘points’ sufficient for their level of disability…Day one three years ago I got ZERO, so appealed and got 30…but they decided three years on to re-assess, and same lovely lady Nurse practitioner did my second medical…BUT Decision Maker has the final say (Whoever that is)…and he/she removed 24 points…all a merry roundabout of upset and worry. I think it is 3rd December we will have a 2 min. silence for the ATOS DEAD…remembering them with Forget Me Nots and Blue Opium Poppies…I will go through the laborious and timeconsumingly expensive for the Government re-assess me then if FAIL go to Tribunal…Hey Ho!

Nov 25, 2012 @ 19:53:24

It sounds medieval, really.

4. docrob50
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 17:42:04

I don’t know – Spock and Lea are a little creepy . I am with the shrink and ask have you not heard of Dana??