Finally, the Answer

For the last six weeks, I’ve been hearing the dreaded question—What can I do to help?—many times a day from the blog-o-sphere, from cards and letters, in phone conversations, and in face-to-face connections.  Usually, I have no answer, or the answer I give leaves folks frustrated and itchy for a better answer.  Finally, I think I’ve got it.

My blog accepts donations.

I added a Paypal donation button to my sidebar.  As I’ve said, pride is dead here in Sandy Sue Studios.  Since my strict, German/Irish work ethic of putting my head down and slogging no longer functions, other options must be considered.  This is one.

1. Dee Ready
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 11:43:47

Dear Sandy, so sorry that right now I’m not in the position to send donations, but I do hope to order some cards for use in the coming year. Peace.

Sep 24, 2012 @ 11:51:59

Oh, Goodness, I’d never expect that. I just want to be able to point folks in a direction when they ask. Your friendship and support are worth more to me than gold (or cat litter).

2. Kitty
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 15:49:57

Excuse me, ma’am, but I don’t think this is a “pride is dead” thing, since that would imply that your PayPal button is a way of asking to get something for nothing. PLEASE allow me to point out that you give to us, and to the Universe, on a daily basis in many ways, not the least of which is this blog. This is such a DUH statement that it feels funny to even have to say it. And I’m wondering now why I haven’t thought to say it this way before. (Oh, well, I’ve always said God is in charge of timing.) Anyway, keep it coming, sister! Personally, I’m always grateful for anything you say about Bad Ass Training and adding more tools to the toolbox.

And while we’re at it, please allow me to remind my fellow readers that it is probably greatly appreciated when we remember to tell others bout this blog-spot.

Have a splendid day and thank you for all you do.

Sep 24, 2012 @ 18:14:44

Thanks for rescrewing my head. I do forget that we (I) send and receive all the time. Gosh, but our culture (families, history) puts such a charge on money. I’m trying to remember all the Abundance teaching Lynn did for us at LHSC. The Bad-Ass will be back soon knocking heads, I promise.

Sep 24, 2012 @ 16:28:03

Oh, Sandy, this is another great idea. I didn’t even know one could do this. I might consider something similar. Wish I had an income surplus I could share with you, my friend!
    Hugs,

4. littlesundog
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 16:15:06

I think the Paypal idea is fabulous and I had no idea it could be done! I feel inadequate when it comes to expressing what an inspiration you are to me… or the belly-laughs you so generously provide, and, as Kitty stated so well, the Bad Ass Training we all need a good dose of from time to time. You are the Bad Ass GURU!!! You ROCK!!