The Next Phase

Coming out of another round of rapid cycling, I received an email from my dear friend, Marshall.  As I may have mentioned before, sometimes a mental sucker punch will shock my brain out of it’s funk.  The video Marshall sent me provided that this time.  After watching it, I knew the next phase of my Food Journey had begun.

This takes about an hour to watch all the way through, but you won’t be disappointed.  Amazingly informative and hilarious at the same time.  Let me know what you think.

1. Fork in My Eye
    Jul 30, 2012 @ 07:07:36

This was timely for me. I’ve been seriously considering becoming a vegetarian but I have to convince myself it’s the healthiest choice or I’ll fail. So I’ve been doing some reading on this topic lately. He’s an excellent speaker and gave me more to think about. Will have to do more research of my own. Thanks for posting.

Jul 30, 2012 @ 14:16:02

I went to the library today, too. Research is always a good idea before making drastic changes. Keep me posted on what you decide (or blog about it!).

2. Evelyn Atholl Moir
    Jul 30, 2012 @ 07:30:55

Well well well Ms Sandy Sue…I watched the video and am going to join you on the journey…NEVER thought I would ever consider giving up meat, but here we go…first step Pescetarianism OMG! Belly Be Gone!!!

Jul 30, 2012 @ 14:10:24

I’m so glad this was useful information. I just made a big batch of refried beans that I’ll freeze. OMG! I’m cooking!

• Evelyn Atholl Moir
        Jul 31, 2012 @ 22:44:28

…next morning pal Eddie had a bacon & sausage breakfast awaiting my arrival…gobble, gobble, gobble. One can not reject hospitality?
        Later I added celery sticks to my shopping, and a bag of dry Tapioca and coconut milk…went home to my son, budding chef, presenting me with fresh Haddock, which he cooked to perfection. Then…I cooked up a huge batch of Tapioca in cows milk (no sugar)…heaven in a pot; will produce a pot belly.
        I actually slaughtered two pigs in a Nigerian meat processing unit on President Obasanjo’s farm so I know all about FLESH.
        I will not buy meat first step and re-listen to your shared video carefully…seems a fish, dairy and veg. diet all the better with out dead animals. Just wish meat did not taste so darn good. Little steps to a size zero?..no, just a few less wobbly bits and a clean conscience would suit me…suffer the little animals to come un to me, as friends, not to fill my belly x

Aug 01, 2012 @ 05:46:38

Baby steps, that’s my motto. And it will take time to reeducate the folks who love us. Love will no longer mean a cheeseburger and shake.

3. Fiddle gal
    Jul 30, 2012 @ 08:21:16

Wow, really liked this video! I have not been feeling well and really need to make some changes in my diet. He really lays it out there with facts that I needed to hear. Thanks for sharing!

4. Penny
    Jul 30, 2012 @ 08:35:17

I watched it last night after you sent it via another email… yes, I was impressed as well! (WOW!) Looking forward to talking with you about it!!

Jul 30, 2012 @ 15:05:37

DAMN! THAT is a WAKEUP CALL! Now, veganism would be a radical change. Maybe if I even became a regular vegetarian. I needed to hear this. I really did. Thanks, Sandy!
    Hugs,

6. Schatzie
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 19:35:10

“Is there anything kale can’t do?” I absolutely love this! I might reblog about this video, if you don’t mind! 😀