Baby Ruths in the Pool

Does anyone remember Caddy Shack, that dopey Bill Murray movie?  Do you remember the Pool Scene?

Let me just say it involved the misconceptions involved with Baby Ruth candy bars floating in the clubhouse swimming pool and United Pool management staff drama.

A submerged vending machine must have broke open, because all my Baby Ruths are floating to the surface of my Bipolar Pool. At least we got this pool heater, which is now the only thing making me happy – you all should try it, this heater might be what you are looking for.

Depression just drifted by.  And there go several stuck together—Anxiety, Agitation and the Drive to Bolt.  A Giant Sized Compulsive Eating bobbed to the surface along with several Fun Sized Maladaptive Coping Skills.

My pool looks like a Nestle’s septic tank, and I can’t find my net.  Let alone the HAZMAT suit Bill Murray wore.

I feel overrun and disgusted, swamped by my illness and bubbling with inappropriate laughter.  I keep waiting for the moment when all the work I’m doing to change my life gets easier, and all I get are candy bars.

Oh, well.  Bipolar Bad-Asses don’t whine about floating nougat.  They just bat it out of the way and keep swimming.  So, hand me my goggles—I’m goin’ back in.

1. rachelmiller1511
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 05:48:27

You’re doing so great at the moment- hang onto that life raft 😉

2. bravingbipolar
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 06:50:31

Thanks for the giggle. I hope it gets easier soon.

Jul 14, 2012 @ 07:22:06

I hate that you’re struggling, Sandy. All I can say is that great writing seems to emerge from the pool. The goggle image at the end here is PERFECT. Hang in there, my dear!
    Hugs,

4. littlesundog
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 09:18:11

You crack me up!! I agree with Kathryn… regardless of what you struggle with, your writing shines through! Keep that Bad-Ass attitude! You are my hero!

5. ManicMuses
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 11:06:54

Baby Ruths in the pool – all of the ‘poo’ is actually CHOCOLATE! And you already recognize that so hang in there…the nougat will come floating your way real soon 🙂

6. patricemj
    Jul 15, 2012 @ 08:35:34

Never fear shit! 🙂

7. Dee Ready
    Jul 16, 2012 @ 20:09:54

Dear Sandy, maybe diving to the bottom will help you avoid the baby ruths. Maybe not. It’s that trying that you keep doing that is so life giving to all of us. And so affirming that life is worth fighting for and struggling with. Peace.