30 Days of Sketches—Day 20

Drawing Sketch Huntsman from Snow White and the Huntsman

The Huntsman

Well, I didn’t make 30 sketches by June 1, which was Carla Renee’s original challenge.  But, that’s fine with me.  The challenge for myself was to actually pick up a pencil and make a mark on paper, to keep doing it until my anxiety over drawing faded.  So in that respect, I succeeded magnificently!  I’ll continue to post my scribblings until I reach my quota, it just might take awhile.

A Quick Bad-Ass Check In

Here’s how my Master Plan is panning out so far:

No TV √

Exercise after Supper √

Meditation before bedtime √

I discovered that doing absolutely nothing while I eat makes me feel awfully lonely.  So, I’m reading a funny Terry Pratchett book, The Wee Free Men, during my meals, then putting the book away as soon as I finish.  I’m also only eating at my table, not my comfy TV Chair (or bed, or standing in the kitchen, or in the car).  So far, I’ve been able to read and eat my meals without the compulsion to keep on eating.  HooHoo!

I haven’t started practicing Tai Chi yet.  I seem to keep finding all kinds of fascinating stuff to do in the evenings—and then go to bed early.  I’m not ready to take it off my Plan yet, though.  I want to keep working with my resistance and see if I can get myself past it.  We’ll see.

It’s amazing how fast I forget to put my fork down between bites.  Yowza!  Since eating is my psyche’s cue to snooze, I’m constantly jerking my head up, metaphorically speaking.  So, this technique continues to challenge me.

I found an old pillowcase in my closet and turned it into a TV cover.  As with the picture of Bad-Ass Bruce Willis on the back of my front door cheering me on, this old Sandra Boynton cartoon keeps me inspired.

1. Kitty
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 21:43:39

I love this… all of it! No Guts, No Glory! Damn straight.

2. Fiddle gal
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 21:50:56

I like this guy, there is something rather interesting about him, he has a depth to his soul. I would like to run into his gentlemen in the woods!!!!!

3. Fork in My Eye
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 16:12:02

The Wee Free Men is so incredibly funny. I’m a huge Terry Pratchett fan. I’m so excited for you. I also had a coffee mug years ago with that cartoon on it. I love it!

Jun 05, 2012 @ 17:35:28

You are doing so damn well! Hooray for you, my friend. I love watching the way you repeatedly challenge yourself to grow and change. It motivates me. Thank you so much.
    Hugs,

5. ManicMuses
    Jun 07, 2012 @ 10:34:49

I *knew* this was my husband-in-my-next-life Chris Hemsworth before I even scrolled down. You are one talented scribbler 🙂

6. lesleehare
    Jun 08, 2012 @ 18:33:42

Inspiring, Sandy Sue! I love doing Sudoku while eating sometimes… Keeps my busy mind busy but not scrambling…
    And the hunstman is wonderfully mysterious – please keep drawing! 🙂