There’s Gotta Be a Pony in Here Somewhere . . .

What a week.

I’m workin’ it, though—trying to ferret out a few gifts and bright bobbles of gratitude in the crap-storm that has yet to let up.  Seems important to mark these to keep some sort of perspective.

1. I’m grateful that the worst of the pain from physical therapy let up on Wednesday.
  2. I’m grateful that my mind sent me on a little fantasy vacation with Captain America, in a New York city loft that needed its windows reglazed, with Linda Ronstadt’s rendition of “Someone to Watch Over Me” playing in the background.
  3. I’m grateful for my Mom handing me $40 for no reason.
  4. I’m grateful for my friends at TOPS who understood why I just couldn’t step on the scale yesterday.
  5. I’m grateful for the way the Y’s pool buoys me up and makes me feel strong and graceful regardless of the storm.
  6. I’m grateful for the moments when my mind lets go of the internal horrors, for the psycho-spiritual muscle I’ve grown that enables me to wrench my brain away from the monsters for a time.  I need those breathers.
  7. I’m grateful for my sister.  Even though she has her own crap-storm to deal with right now, she’s always there for me.
  8. I’m grateful to have a vehicle.  When the urge to bolt takes over, I can.
  9.  I’m grateful for another day.  Sometimes I’m not, so being able to find the gift in today is gift enough.
  10. I’m grateful for this platform, for readers who feel like intimate friends and the kindness they practice on me.  Meaty, sustaining kindness.

I am grateful.

Yes, I am grateful.

1. karen
    May 25, 2012 @ 09:39:24

i’m grateful for you, love. beautiful, amazing you. hugs,
    me.

May 25, 2012 @ 09:57:35

I love your title and picture. I admire how you find a kernel of funny in the middle of the pile you’re wading through. Hang in there, kid.

May 25, 2012 @ 10:17:07

Love your list, and love your willingness to look at the postive, even in the midst of a shit storm. And I love that you call it a “shit storm”–cause, god, that’s a perfect term! I’m grateful for you, my friend. I’m grateful that our blogs brought us together. May there be less shit in your storm this weekend, and, better yet, no storm at all!
    Hugs to you, my dear!

4. Penny
    May 25, 2012 @ 10:56:11

Hey there, Friend… You need to know: There are many (including me) who are so very grateful for YOU! Way to go focusing on the gifts you for which you are grateful! I’ll call soon to reschedule time with you! Love and hugs…

Penny

5. dearsuburbia
    May 25, 2012 @ 12:51:21

I’m grateful for you! Thank you!

6. the secret keeper
    May 26, 2012 @ 02:33:24

i like that you are able to find positivity when all around you is out of control. stress consumes me at times and i need to find that calm. i like following your artisitic blog. it is always creative and inspiring. thank you.