Reaching for the Sun

Another day stretching past the limits of surgery.

I walked in the warm water pool at the Y for a half an hour yesterday morning, which felt like Heaven while doing it and a little ouchy afterward.  Advil handled the ouch.  Then I toodled onto the highway and took myself to Panera for another marathon writing session.

I started the final chapter of Callinda, and I think I’ll be crying through the whole thing.  Not because of a depressed, bipolar rockslide, but because of the intensity of what the characters have left to go through.  And by the enormity of this accomplishment.  To finish this novel, finally, after working so hard and overcoming so much is more than huge.  It opens the windows of my psyche and lets in the breeze of possibility.

So, to celebrate I stopped back at the Y on my way home and walked the track.  Because I could.  Because I can.

1. carlarenee45
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 07:25:17

im glad you are getting stronger!

Mar 27, 2012 @ 08:30:10

This post itself breathes with possibility. I love its openning into hope, into tomorrow. Sounds like you are doing beautifully, my friend.
    Hugs,

3. Grainne
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 08:36:06

*Cheers for you!!* Finishing a novel is such an amazing accomplishment and it sounds like you are so beautifully entwined with your characters…I hope I get to read your work. 🙂

You sound so positive and motivated. What a wonderful attitude to start the day with….thanks for lending me some get-up-and-go!

Mar 27, 2012 @ 16:18:34

I may not get the whole thing done this week, but darn close. Of course the last chapter is unraveling, which is to be expected. Time to breathe and do something else for a while.

4. docrob50
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 09:09:22

if there were those little emoticons i would just leave a smiling face on this page….

Mar 27, 2012 @ 10:12:22

I have an image of a little Sandy blossom, stretching up through winter-chilled dark earth toward the warming sun. Keep up the great progress!

6. ManicMuses
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 03:45:11

So glad you’re on the mend, near the end of Callinda and seeing the whole thing as positive. Love, love LOVE the artwork!

Mar 28, 2012 @ 06:26:22

Thanks, Vivien. Does anyone call you “Viv”? I keep wanting to do that, but wanted to check first. My ex-mother-in-law was a Viv, and I loved her a lot.

• ManicMuses
        Mar 29, 2012 @ 08:54:11

Hi there – Thanks *so* much for being respectful about nicnames. I’ve always hated it when people start calling you something (sometimes really weird things, especially with a name like Vivien) and assume you’re OK with it. Honestly, I’ve never warmed to Viv. I’m not sure why. There are a lot worse things in life I could be called 😉

Mar 29, 2012 @ 16:59:39

thank you for telling me. vivien you shall remain!

7. littlesundog
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 20:23:36

I love this post! I can FEEL your energy… you motivate me. And wonderful news on Callinda! Bravo!