Home from the Hospital

I just wanted to post a quick one before I sink into my nest for the day.  Surgery went well.  All the professionals have told me today will be the most painful, so I’m chugging my Percaset, hugging a heating pad, and gathering the cats around for a movie.

A huge thank you for everyone’s prayers and good wishes.

Back to my room from recovery.  Feeling no pain at the moment.

My sister and mom and the always-lovely post-op hairdo.

Cheryl & Tom came to watch Criminal Minds—our Wednesday ritual.

Walking the halls in my attractive ensemble to wake up the guts and move gas.

1. karen
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 10:32:53

i’m so glad everything went well. big hugs,
    xo
    karen

Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:00:55

From your expression they gave you some good stuff! Have a smooth recovery.

Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:40:26

I’m so glad to know that you are home and doing okay. You are in my thoughts and prayers, dear heart!
    Hugs,

4. littlesundog
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:54:29

Either you are doing very well, looking relaxed and taking it easy, or those Percaset have got you feeling fine!! I’m glad to see you are doing well! Now, stick to the plan… no overdoing it!!

Mar 16, 2012 @ 15:18:06

Because I received both general and spinal anesthetic, those first couple of days were the easiest part of the recovery (so the nurses told me). Now I’m feeling it.

5. Evelyn Atholl Moir
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 13:45:02

Lovely photos Sandy Sue…you look fresh as a daisy, and a lovely smile…will take the fear out of the operation for others. Have been thinking of you these last few days.
    I slowly reduced and finally stopped my Seroquel XL 600mg last month after over two years faithfully on the medication, as I started getting tachycardia, and very blocked nose and nightly breathing difficulties…am very well so far, and all this time since August the docs. thought symptoms were due to old thyroid problem returning, so off the thyroid medication too.
    Have only had the one big depression followed by four months high as a kite with Hypomania…I blame the Citilopram they gave me to lift the depression? Enough of my health…I WISH YOU A SPEEDY AND COMFORTABLE RECOVERY x

6. Tar-Buns
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 14:42:39

Glad you survived the surgery and are on the mend. Take it easy and we’ll see you on the rebound!

7. Jinjer Stanton
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 15:01:21

Glad to see you came through with flying colors!

Be well!

8. carlarenee45
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 18:08:00

Im glad you got it over with. It’s good to have family around isn’t it? hug

Mar 16, 2012 @ 18:29:07

It is. My mom’s a world-champ worrier, though, so I can’t really give her accurate updates on my day-to-day progress. She gets the PollyAnna version.

9. strugglingwithbipolar
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 18:18:05

I am glad the surgery went well! I hope that the pain eases soon and you recover quickly.

10. Fiddle gal
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 21:37:53

I was so glad to hear from you. It is great knowing that the worst is over and that you are on the mend. Here’s to healing!