Mile Stone #1

∞ ∞ ∞

After two and a half months of paying attention to what I put in my mouth and hanging ten on my compulsive eating surf board, I reached my first weight loss goal of 20 pounds.  Now, it feels real.  My clothes are starting to feel loose—one pair of jeans even needs a safety pin.  Now, I know I can keep going, making one better choice at a time, and learning to befriend my compulsive eating.

To celebrate, I made myself this collage with Charlize Theron (the most beautiful woman on the planet), my goal weight, and the Queen of Disks to keep me inspired.

Every week at T.O.P.S. when I get to announce my weight loss, I stand up and do Steve Carell’s happy dance.  That’s what I’m doin’ now, baby.  Uh, Uh, uhuhuh.

Steve Carell’s Happy Dance from Evan Almighty.

1. The Mental Chronicles
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 18:26:56

Twenty pounds in two and half months, that’s pretty darn good! I’m supposed to start trying to lose a bunch of weight myself. Alas, the one antipsychotic/mood stabilizer that I have found works really well for me has made me oppressively hungry all the time, and consequently, I gained a lot of weight :/

But really, congratulations on your first step!

Feb 18, 2012 @ 07:38:33

Oh, I hear you, sister. That psych-med hunger will not be ignored. The best advice I ever heard is start slow. Do one little thing, make one little change in the direction you want to go.

2. carlarenee45
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 18:28:35

That is great! If you’re like me, then that is what you needed to really put your all into it! Progress!

3. littlesundog
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 20:05:03

Congratulations! What a great feeling! What is your next goal? I will get more active when spring weather arrives and I can get outdoors and do some yard work and gardening!

4. artinsmallplaces
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 20:10:52

I like this-

5. Fiddle gal
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 21:51:03

Wow, way to go girl. You are an inspiration. That is a good amount in that short of time.

6. docrob50
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 22:56:57

Oh yeah me too baby – lets dance!

Joyful little ditty. Dance to befriend our demons and celebrate learning to really care for and love ourselves!

am smiling and in my imagination i see you dancing………happy

Feb 18, 2012 @ 06:05:36

Wow, congrats, Sandy. I’m thrilled for you. 20 pounds is a lot. I’ve been putting forth some serious effort toward losing weight, as well, but our scales are broken, so I don’t know what I’ve lost. However, my clothes are loser.

Hooray for you, my friend!

Hugs,

8. Sheryl Mae
    Feb 18, 2012 @ 08:42:12

We’re dancin’, we’re dancin’! I think you need that wonderful phrase that Marshall says, “Ho with the flo!”

9. Sheryl Mae
    Feb 18, 2012 @ 17:40:27

Even when I wasn’t subscribed I read every day.

Feb 18, 2012 @ 20:47:52

I know you did. It was a huge gift. But, now everyone can see how gorgeous you are with that little picture next to your comments. Yep, folks, that beauty shares my DNA!

Feb 19, 2012 @ 10:14:27

Whoo, hoo, Whoop whoop whoop! Congrats! You’re right – 20 pounds is the place where it’s real and tangible and it gets you motivated to keep it up.

Is your goal weight the 99 or the 51? Is that in “stones” or “yak” or some other non-American weighing system? Cuz I gotta tell you, if that’s pounds, that may be a tad ambitious (not to mention unhealthy) unless you are under 3 feet tall.

11. ManicMuses
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 09:13:41

Go…..Sandy!!!

12. Ruby Tuesday
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 14:58:05

Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you. And the collage is beautiful. 🙂

13. strugglingwithbipolar
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 18:37:06

Congrats on the weight loss. That is amazing!