Illustration Friday: Round

My submission for this week’s art challenge at Illustration Friday with the prompt “Round.”  See more full-figured art at the IF site.

‡ ‡ ‡

On another note, I’m 10 days post-op and really ready for the pain to go away.  I knew there would be pain.  I prepared for the pain.  But, Good Lord and Sonny Jesus, I never thought it would be this unrelenting.  Thus, the surgeon’s gift of Hydrocodone, which knocks me out for hours and leaves me pukey (I’m already prone to pukiness, so I really don’t need any more help bending over the toilet).

I’m focusing on getting to next Friday when the sutures come out.  It’s not a cheery goal—the idea of getting 40 staples snipped by the medical version of a hedge clipper and tugged out of a part of me that already hurts like hell just adds a little umph to my yarky stomach.  But, I’m hoping once the hardware is out I’ll be able to move a little easier.  At least I’ll quit snagging on my clothes.

Well, it’s my little fantasy, and I’m going to live here as long as I can.

1. regina
    Nov 27, 2011 @ 09:40:02

Very lovely collage. Calm and soothing ~ exactly what you need right now. Hope you recover soon.

Nov 27, 2011 @ 09:45:29

I love your “round” collage–the curvy ovals of it all. Hope your pain lets up soon, my friend. I’m thinking about you.
    Hugs,

3. curiousart
    Nov 27, 2011 @ 10:57:09

Round & round & round she goes… impressive, all those circles, right down to the lace & trim!

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

4. Fatima B :)
    Nov 27, 2011 @ 18:59:56

Hey Sandy!! thanks for ur lovely comment. guess i have to work on drawing hands 😛 haha

i hope u feel better soon.

p.s: ur post is beautiful. I saw all ur blog posts and they were all lovely.

take care!!

Nov 28, 2011 @ 08:08:37

Thanks for coming to visit. I think your hands are fine! Maybe you misunderstood me. I thought your Snow White looked at her apple like there was something a little weird about it–like she knew to be wary of it. I thought it made her a much smarter Snow White than most others. I can’t wait to see more of your work.

5. Shiva
    Nov 27, 2011 @ 19:16:21

Great and fun work! 🙂

Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:27:26

Part of me is intrigued at the idea of plastic surgery to fix my deflated and sagging body, but the idea of recovery pain effectively stops me (that and the cost, and the time off work, and the thought that this would be incredibly shallow). Hope you’re all recovered soon!