Zane!

I wanted to share the collage I made for my new grand-nephew, Zane.  As I write this, it’s heading south to Oklahoma with my mom, sister and her husband.  While his big brother, Wyatt, holds a special place in my heart, Zane carries a little extra spiritual juju.  He was born two weeks after my dad died, and I like to thing of them passing each other in the ethers, offering their wisdom about the realms they’re about to enter.  You can see Great Grandpa Fred in the upper right corner of the piece, calling Zane.  It makes me a little hungry to hold that new baby boy.

1. Kitty
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 10:49:37

It’s gorgeous!

I so LOVE this… “I like to think of them passing each other in the ethers, offering their wisdom about the realms they’re about to enter.”

Nov 04, 2011 @ 12:40:28

I LOVE this, Sandy! And I love the notion of Zane and your dad passing in the ethers. Wonderful collage.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs,

Nov 04, 2011 @ 14:44:21

Such a special, special gift for the new little guy. I know it is something the family will cherish.

4. Fiddle gal
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 22:34:22

I like it! You have taken the full cycle of life to a new level, passing the baton.

5. Pat Cegan
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 14:16:13

This is my first visit to your blog and there is so much to explore here. Your art, your stories of coping with illness, your courage all beg me to return. I send you much love and light. hugs, pat

6. Sheryl Mae
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 18:47:42

I loved the collage the moment I saw it. Tyler looked at each piece and bead and asked Mom about the picture of Dad. We also told him that Uncle Marvin made those stone pieces as jewelry long ago. The little cowboy is so perfect. Put all this together with Mom’s messages in Zane’s and Ty’s cards from Dad – we were all in tears. Love you lots.