Point of View

Ah, Autumn!  Cooler nights, crisper air, and the first bout of lung crud of the season.

I’ve decided I must have allergies the way this stuff sticks to me—the barking cough, the abundance of eye-grit, the little fever that comes and goes, the way everything between eyebrows and belly feels too raw, too open and too thick.

I moaned about it last night while I watched Drop Dead Diva (DVRed for my convenience).  Here we go again, another winter full of snot and feeling like roadkill.  But, this morning I got up and rearranged my bedroom, cleaned and dusted and put it to rights.  I set up a new little area using a dining room chair, a purple batiked table cloth, my CPAP machine, and a gorgeous print of the Spocks (Leonard Nimoy and Zachary Quinto) my friend Deb gave me.  It’s in the Wealth corner of my apartment, Feng Shui-wise, so I’m bringing in an abundance of healthy breathing.  Either that or pointer ears.

Oh, I barked the whole time and sweat like a little piggy, but there’s something about cleaning and rearranging that offers possibility and potential.  Turning my bed around will give me a whole new perspective and my cats a different view out the window.  Being sick, or depressed, or manic is much in the eye of the beholder.  If we can change our perspective, we change our experience.  And if we can change our experience, we’re free.

Sep 10, 2011 @ 12:17:08

I love to rearrange furniture. I did it all the time when I was single—less now–as my doing so might drive Sara crazy. But you are so right about it giving you a whole new perspective on things–not to mention the cats.

I don’t have allergies, fortunately, but you, at least, describe the experience of snotting brilliantly–if that’s any consolation. Ha, ha!

2. Brandon
    Sep 11, 2011 @ 12:22:54

My stuff is all in boxes after moving to my ma’s house in Omaha. This upcoming week I’m going to do a thorough inventory. I love the feeling of getting rid of all the excess baggage I can. Your post gave me a little jolt. Maybe I’ll start today.

3. ManicMuses
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 10:14:14

Hope you’re feeling better by now, Sandy Sue. (Love the Spocks, BTW!)

4. strugglingwithbipolar
    Sep 13, 2011 @ 14:26:31

I like that you are changing your view by physically changing your view. I hope it makes a difference. I also hope you feel better soon. I hate that gooky feeling.

Sep 14, 2011 @ 16:05:10

Nice arrangement. You can breathe easier while enjoying a little, light communicating-with-the-dead before bedtime.

6. Kitty
    Sep 18, 2011 @ 13:22:57

I’ve had a busy week, but not so busy that I haven’t thought of you! I’m hoping the lack of posts isn’t because you’re too sick with the lung-crud stuff. Sending you lovings!!!