30 Days of Gratitude: Day 23

As of today, it’s been 44 days since my last episode of either depression or mania.  To me, this is a miracle.  The longest I’ve gone between episodes before this is 10 days.  Nine months ago, I was rapid cycling with full swings of depression and mania happening twice and sometimes three times a day.

What’s changed since then?  I’ve been off all medications for seven months.  I’ve worked hard at being physically healthy.  I’ve worked hard at being aware of my thoughts, emotions and reactions.  I meditate every day.  And now, I’m working hard at being aware of my compulsions.

I don’t know why I’ve been given this long, lovely reprieve.  I know the episodes will return.  I’m just so very grateful.

1. strugglingwithbipolar
    Aug 08, 2011 @ 14:42:03

This is something that is worth celebrating. I’m impressed that you are able to do this without medication. I’m very happy for you!

2. Sherry
    Aug 08, 2011 @ 16:59:42

Wow! This is monumental – Keep counting as long as you can.

Aug 08, 2011 @ 17:33:58

Congratulations on this! I so wish not taking meds were the solution for me. I would be terrified to go off of mine. I’m happy for you, Sandy!

Aug 09, 2011 @ 12:50:00

I know this isn’t the path for many folks with BP, and I’d never advocate it for others. I count myself blessed to have discovered this piece to my particular puzzle.

4. Kitty
    Aug 08, 2011 @ 19:31:59

WooHoo! to 44 days. I’m SO happy for you. Gratitude is right and isn’t that just a wonderful place to be! Hooray for you and for the joy of sitting in the middle for as many days as possible.

Aug 09, 2011 @ 09:33:43

Congratulations on this reprieve. I hope it helps you to gain strength.

Do you make all the collages? They’re really interesting.

6. gypsy116